Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 21 Campbell Tunnel V-drive- -less motor

Schiada Time
    What are you gonna buy to replace it? You sold your other Campbell right? Can't see you boatless.
    Trav

HM
    What are you gonna buy to replace it? You sold your other Campbell right? Can't see you boatless.
    Trav
    We have a ton of boats in my family. I will never be boatless. I am just getting rid of all projects, besides my house. I have a LOT of work to do on my house. I have unlimited access to a 20.5 Mastercraft and a 23' sleekcraft - so no worries there....and they are running stock power.

Schiada Time
    Holy-Cool. I still cant see you large HP V-drive less but I am beginning to understand the meaning of honey-do's myself and my girl and I's wedding is right around the corner and we just rented a house in Fullerton. give me a call sometime as I have some questions about how to buy a place (714-276-5268)
    Trav

HM
    Holy-Cool. I still cant see you large HP V-drive less but I am beginning to understand the meaning of honey-do's myself and my girl and I's wedding is right around the corner and we just rented a house in Fullerton. give me a call sometime as I have some questions about how to buy a place (714-276-5268)
    Trav
    Yes...it will be an adjustment, but I can always get my fix easy enough. My dad's Connelly V-drive is supposed to be around 850 HP.
    As far as the honey-do's...I am not being asked to get rid of it, but my wife is happy that I made that move. Our business is doing pretty well, but it is still fairly cyclical on cash flow...so I need to conserve cash when the money comes in and not have the temptation to blow it on a motor, gel work, trailer or any combination of all of those. You have seen what I do to stuff! I didn't put a lot into my old campbell as it was clean and worked well. this one is a project from day one.
    I'll call you about ideas for buying houses. Right now, for the next year or more, it will be a buyer's market. Lots of opportunities to pick up homes on your terms, and even pickup a home without using your own financing and very little down - and you still get the active write-off of the mortgage interest.

HM
    Sold!!!!

the areas you're showing with the cracks, where exactly are they on the boat?

HM
    the areas you're showing with the cracks, where exactly are they on the boat?
    They are around the bow. Both sides. And the one smaller crack is right in the middle in front. You can see the non-skid.
    This is supposed to be the factory gel coat...but it does not look like and the pattern is not standard issue Campbell. The story I was told was that the guy that ordered it didn't like the design, so they re-shot the gel after it was out of the mold. And, supposedly, he didn't like the non-slip to be too agressive, so they layed another coat down.
    You can see where there is a chip (port side near back) that there is not another color underneath.

HM
    Sold!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast