Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: short term disability insurance

jackpunx
    does anyone here deal with that or know anything about it?
    I work in the motion picture industry and have great insurance now.. I just want to pay a little extra incase I get hurt on or off the job to have some income until I get off disability.
    I have a buddy in the business that got this... he got hurt and recieved about 7k a month.. I think he paid 30.00 a month
    thanks in advance
    Mark

Racer277
    does anyone here deal with that or know anything about it?
    I work in the motion picture industry and have great insurance now.. I just want to pay a little extra incase I get hurt on or off the job to have some income until I get off disability.
    I have a buddy in the business that got this... he got hurt and recieved about 7k a month.. I think he paid 30.00 a month
    thanks in advance
    Mark
    Check into Aflac...They have sickness, short and long term disability policies.
    Some employers also offer disability policies
    Mrs.Racer277

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    We offer Short Term and Long Term Disability plans with Mutual of Omaha at my work. The plan we have pays 60% of your wages but SDI pays a little more than 50%. With the few employees that have had to file claims, we are learning its not a whole lot, in one guys case, he is only getting and additional $25/week. ITs better than nothing but its hardly worth the paperwork.
    Blah blah blah, I am currently looking to upgrade the plan or get a different plan. I will let you know if I find out anything worthwhile.

Mattman
    Aflac is awesome and Blue Shield has a package that has worked for me as well. Try mylifepath.org.

Windy
    Its definitely something to think about. While my brother was fighting cancer, he had disability insurance through his company. They paid him 80% of his wages the last year he worked including overtime, for as long as he needed it.

BarryMac
    Jackpunx, get hold of Lightning (Ari Crandall), his firm GD Financial is doing Aflac policies (858) 668-0776, I know that he can help you with a policy.
    We met you last year in Parker, we were staying next to RD, we fed you some KFC... It was great meeting you btw...

Jordy
    We met you last year in Parker, we were staying next to RD, we fed you some KFC... It was great meeting you btw...
    Wow, ass kissing name dropper!!!

BarryMac
    Wow, ass kissing name dropper!!!
    Is it the RD or the KFC???

jackpunx
    Thanks to all who replied .. PS thanks for the KFC.. I was starven..LOL
    I called Aflac and they said they didnt have the policy I was looking for.. unless I did with 5 or more people.
    Im so confused with all this stuff..
    I know I have this insurance with my benie's.. but I want some more.. as I just got a new job in addition to the one I have now..
    and its pretty risky..
    I need to be covered
    thanks

Mrs.Racer277
    Thanks to all who replied .. PS thanks for the KFC.. I was starven..LOL
    I called Aflac and they said they didnt have the policy I was looking for.. unless I did with 5 or more people.
    Im so confused with all this stuff..
    I know I have this insurance with my benie's.. but I want some more.. as I just got a new job in addition to the one I have now..
    and its pretty risky..
    I need to be covered
    thanks
    Mark--They have personal policies------I am not sure what you are looking for though.....Also Metlife, Hartford and Standford have short and long term disability plans.
    Let me see if I can find my reps #.
    Dia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast