Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riviera Flatbottom

63stevens
    Has anyone ever heard of a RivieraFlatbottom?What can you tell me about them?

Backfire
    Aren't those the same as the bubble-tail Biesemeiers of the late 50's/early 60's?

VoodooCanoe426
    I beleave they are Hallet copies. I think there is one ebay now.

jordanpaulk
    What year was it built and where was it manufactured? I have a 78 Riviera jet that was built in Phoenix. Do you have a hull ID# for the boat as that can tell you alot about it.
    Jordy

63stevens
    The reason I asked the question is because I see one for sale in the OCBoat Trader. The boat and trailer less engine are for sale for $1500.00 and I was wondering if they are any good to go fast in.

FlatRacer
    Back in the 80s there was a guy who won the Super Stock circle racing high points championship with a Riviera. It looked like a copy of a Barron Sprint (Hallet).

Flash D
    I saw the same boat and was considering buying it and fixing it up. I have not looked at it personally, but here is what I know having grown up with this type of boat...The one you are looking at is the Elite '19. Popular ski race boat in the late 70's, built in AZ, and has a slight v-bottom. Good GN type lines, in my opinion, however many of the ski race boats flipped going into the turns at high speed. I can't see how the handling would be any different than a traditional flat bottom. If you don't plan on going into a turn at 70+, it might be worth considering. If it is in good condition, it is a bargain.

SK48
    Your right in the 80's a guy named Ed Johnson from Newport Beach Ca. was high point champion in SS in a Riviera. Boats ran really fast in the straights, but did not turn as well as a Biesemeyer. I like the look of the deck on them, but i think the bottom is different than a Baron sprint (Hallett)

jordanpaulk
    I know you guys won't like what is hanging off the back, but here is a picture of my '78 Riviera:
    http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Read.../nice_boat.JPG
    If you have any specific questions throw them out as I talk to the guy who used to build them from time to time.
    Jordan

Stab-n-Steer
    Jordan,
    Dude, that's the biggest pressure washer I've ever seen! Why does the front look like a boat???
    S&S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast