Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate trying to eat right

ratso
    I have just about cut out all fried foods, eating more greens, fruits, vegetables etc... no more Cokes... but I'll splurge a couple nights a week... and have dessert one night. I go down to the BBQ joint, grab me a 3 meat combo, brisquet and sausage, 2 helpings of potato salad, and a slice of pecan pie for tomorrow... I get bread and pickles and onions too. Well, I get home, polish off the brisquet and sausage and potato salad, sit back and get to thinking, "Man, that just ain't gonna cut it"... so I take my 2 slices of bread and go to the fridge and get out this chicken salad I made a couple of nights ago, and load these two pieces of bread down with it, I mean pile it on... polish that off, and dang if that pecan pie ain't looking good... So I eat that...I hope I don't have any more cravings before I go in to work tonight.:jawdrop: I know there's some Tostitos, shredded cheese, jalapenos... nachos are sounding tempting...http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
    Gonna be a rough day at the gym tomorrow...
    Anybody else have trouble sticking to a diet or just plain healthy eating?

bigq
    Dude! That would kill me if I ate all that and can you image the gas...

ratso
    Dude! That would kill me if I ate all that and can you image the gas...
    I have pretty high metabolism, but those nachos might do me in...

Went to the Doctor a few months ago. He told me no more cokes, no spicy foods, smaller portions, don't eat after 8pm, eat veggies (I don't eat a single one other than corn), take vitamins and no fried foods. I thought I went to see a doctor not a comedian.

acatitude
    yea lettuce and brocoli starts to suck after a while.. id rather be fat and happy lol bring on some more fried chicken mashed taters and gravey. no sweat ratzo, as I get older and fatter I just add more hp to my boat.. .

ratso
    yea lettuce and brocoli starts to suck after a while.. id rather be fat and happy lol bring on some more fried chicken mashed taters and gravey. no sweat ratzo, as I get older and fatter I just add more hp to my boat.. .
    I'm a meat potatos and gravy man myself! That's all my mom and dad ever cooked when I was growing up.

RitcheyRch
    Is extremely tough to eat right these days with fast food available on every single corner.

Misogynist
    I used to be a diet Nazi.... steamed veggies... skinless chicken........ salads with only vinegar, no oil. No fried foods.. tiny-azz portions...... Starved myself down to 160.. people thought I had contracted aids or something. Then my joints started to act like I had arthritis. Doc said I need more than 5 grams of fat per day in my diet. Started eating a little more protein and splurged some more. Started going to the gym and working out. I'm up to 190, but my pants still fit...... so I guess I've put on more muscle than fat, but my friends tell me they can see my face has fattened up. So I guess some of it is fat. But I couldn't live eating only pocket lint and rice cakes.

Beer-30
    I have found that eating salads and veggie sandwiches during the weekly work routine works easier for me. I'm not giving up regular beverages, though. I have tried a few times, and I will give up some other food before I give up the real taste of a soda.
    Anyway, then I eat whatever I want on the weekends. It keeps me at my target weight, but I still get to enjoy the foods (on the weekends, anyway).

Dribble
    I've been watching what I eat for six weeks. No chips pretzels doughnuts etc. I cut out a bunch of sugar and cut way down on the carbs. I've lost twelve pounds and am shooting for about 5 more. I'll be back to 170, which is where I was four years ago before I busted my leg. I still drink a couple of silver bullets a day though, and have a piece of dark chocolate every day also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast