Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: new mexico 07 events??

bigblockbill
    Oh come one now guys, I have been hearing (and experiencing) chaos like you describe for years on the big weekends. Its nothing new, and hence why we like to stay further north on the big weekends. We camped on long point and it was great. The only time I was south of there was for the fireworks Saturday night. We tied up at the black bluffs all day Saturday and even made it to the end of the lake (just on the other side of prostitute point). I agree the water was all chopped up all weekend, but we did manage to drive a blue squirt boat around most every day for a while. Sorry to hear you guys all had so many near misses.

Sundance
    BB, You're right, it sounds like I expected it to be like glass, and If I didn't want the crowds I should have gone elsewhere. The firewoks where Great and so was the weather.
    I think what made me so mad was the lack of organization, for lack of a better term. I don't like govt. control, but if there are a lot of people how about the park rangers getting out of their pickups, into the heat, and just directing or educating those who don't have comon sense or consideration for others.
    Used to be in years gone pass our rangers were an example for others to follow. I remember when you pulled in line you'd better be ready. They'd get you in and get you out of a certain lane they told you to go in, period, end of conversation.
    All bitching aside our parks and camping areas are better than any of the states that surround us. It's also Great to see we have water in the Butte and the people are coming back there. The people there who run busineses in the area didn't deserve what happened to them over the last several years.
    Just one last note for those of you who don't know the new Turtle Back Mt. Resort/ Sierra del Rio GC is getting ready to open in the next month. It's OUTSTANDING! It's located where the old Oasis GC was. The clubhouse is as nice as any in NM.

jet guy
    In all fairness you guys are right and I was not in the best spirits sunday when I loaded the boat. It was doing some crazy stuff but thats part of it and over all it was a great weekend. Yes we only have a jet boat so thats what we had. It is a black tahiti with gray stripes. We couldn't find a place we liked to camp so we just camped on the island just to the left of rock cayon as you leave the ramp. It was great, there was only us and one other family camping there so we had plenty of room to set up we were in the bushes by the small channel. Did anyone see the yellow Youngblood? I loved that boat and the guy was real friendly. later

Sundance
    Did see the Yougblood coming in one day, and yes you are right it is beautiful. Did see you take a couple of runs. Plus the was a red ? and a Purple squiter out there.
    It was a good weekend and we shouldn't let a@#$%(*&^ spoil it for us.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516