Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Mach 1 Project (part 2)

Psycho Squid
    Jet Boats at the track, Frank, Jerry and JP have run from 130 to 141 MPH with less motor than you have. 150.........I beleive. Just be safe and do it in a controlled enviorment. Best of luck keep the videos coming.

UBFJ #454
    there are a couple of real quick boats that come to mind that are most likely all done speed wise by 100'.
    Yepper bp, they're Really QUICK Boats if their Done in 100 feet.

cyclone
    does it even matter? he is not racing so it's just a personal thing for him.
    But now that you bring it up are any of the jets still pulling at the lights? Seems to me they have reached top speed way before they get to the timming lights.
    Mine still accelerates through the lights.

luv2race
    150 is a very good speed but... I've only see one person get close to that. Harold came pretty close to 150. When he stopped racing he had the record and to this day hasn't been broke. He did it at a true quarter mile race. Boats at the river seem to have higher numbers hmmmm I would have to say bring it to a race and see what it says. There no one can say it didn't happen.
    But I also don't know what your cid is in blown gas jet class your cid is limited.
    Kirkman is running well But he is running Nitro so thats another beast in it self.
    Please be careful about your hardware set up. it's not worth getting hurt

UBFJ #454
    BGJ cid limit is 572.
    557's current motor is a nitro motor, if I'm not mistaken.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    That would be blown gas jet? This is nitromethane.
    Nirto and no capsule This man's got huge nutz
    I talked to him a few nights ago on banderlog. He is one cool ass dude
    Go for your goals, have fun and be safe
    _Spitter

Nirto and no capsule This man's got huge nutz
    I talked to him a few nights ago on banderlog. He is one cool ass dude

You asked BAE (who runs nitro) if he was trying to break Nelson's record in BGJ (who ran gas) Which is what my original post was about.

FuelInMyVeins82
    Get er done. It would fun to see that boat run in river racer

blue wonder
    yup, you're right, my bad...:sqeyes:
    although most are not accelerating by much, there's still some going on. on a full pass with my old slow tank, i've never seen the speed trace absolutely flat for a distance, although it's close. there are a couple of real quick boats that come to mind that are most likely all done speed wise by 100'. way back with the biz, we'd pick up 8-9mph from half to end of track. with kirkman's awesome toy, i do believe he's picking up some mph from half on. not at all like flat/hydros do, but slowly picking up a little.
    at world finals in phoenix this year i was picking up an average of 20-24 mph from half track to the finish.

djdtpr
    Kirkman is running well But he is running Nitro so thats another beast in it self.
    I thought he was running alchohol? Its still kinda cool that he runs what he does without a running start like in the old days.
    BAE good luck and have fun.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast