Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hydraulic steering vs dual external

LHC30Victory
    Cant speak about cats, but I do know full Hyd is the bomb!! We took delivery of our V with only the hyd assist and brazil valve (despite IMCO's warning that it should not be used on a boat over 70mph) and hated the freeplay in the steering. I installed the twin pump full hyd IMCO setup (with a little finish help from Absolute ) and now have a whole new confidence in the boat.....
    GET the full HYD setup ----

BADBLOWN572
    i have a 25 daytona and run the cable/dual ram setup. have considered going hyd to the helm many times but spent a ton of money putting the trim and tab controls on the steering wheel and believe that the full hyd systems do not "return to center" so the trim/tab controls on the wheel would not be at the 10 and 2 position..
    anyone have full to the helm and steering wheel trim/tab controls???
    GT Performance has a system for that. I believe it is called their CRT system. Not cheap, but it works pretty well.

gmocnik
    GT Performance has a system for that. I believe it is called their CRT system. Not cheap, but it works pretty well.
    Boat is at GT right now for winter freshening, etc...
    Thanks

Racey
    Go full hydraulic from the helm to the rams.
    it will last forever, has alot nicer wheel feel, gets all that bs off the inner transom making it easier to work on the boat, and is just all around better, we have changed alot of boats over from the cable actuated hydraulic to the full hydraulic Char-lynn helm and the owners all loved it.

Havasu Hangin'
    i have a 25 daytona and run the cable/dual ram setup. have considered going hyd to the helm many times but spent a ton of money putting the trim and tab controls on the steering wheel and believe that the full hyd systems do not "return to center" so the trim/tab controls on the wheel would not be at the 10 and 2 position..
    anyone have full to the helm and steering wheel trim/tab controls???
    Here's my trim controls:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/The_Helm.jpg
    If I used the tabs more, I'd put them on the sticks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12