Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hear you knocking

Ratacole
    Thursday at the river I made a few wot passes than it was off to pull the kids on the raft, wake board ect... It was so hot(120+) outside that day it was haveing a hard time starting. I made a few timeing adjustments throughout the day & I than heard a knocking, only under load in gear. The knock started at 2000 & I did not go above once I heard it. Out of gear, nothing. Could detonation be so loud that it would sound like a knock? I have 2 1/4 zoomies & I heard it loud & clear.
    Thanks, Mike

wsuwrhr
    Sounds like you should have called it a day. I hope you didn't do any permanent damage.
    Brian
    [ July 12, 2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

dmontzsta
    that sucks bro. could be a million things. same thing happened to me a long time ago and it ended up being as easy as a bent push rod.

ACCEPTENCE
    ...and the final verdict is what???

GofastRacer
    Ratacole:
    Thursday at the river I made a few wot passes than it was off to pull the kids on the raft, wake board ect... It was so hot(120+) outside that day it was haveing a hard time starting. I made a few timeing adjustments throughout the day & I than heard a knocking, only under load in gear. The knock started at 2000 & I did not go above once I heard it. Out of gear, nothing. Could detonation be so loud that it would sound like a knock? I have 2 1/4 zoomies & I heard it loud & clear.
    Thanks, Mike Yes, detonation can sound horrible and being hot out will contribute to it!. From you're description it sounds like detonation and when it sounds that bad, you're pounding the shit out of the rod bearings among other things!.. eek!

CircleJerk
    Oh Art, you can be ssooo negative! And sometimes right! Still, it could be something broken, piston skirt, wrist pin boss, rod bearing, rocker arm {or loose}, pushrod, fuel pump, etc....Did I forget something? smile_sp

GofastRacer
    Yeah and all of that can happen from DETONATION!, LOL..
    BTW, been there done that!..
    [ July 14, 2003, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

wsuwrhr
    I have a two-peice crank from a distributor moving. Detonation hurts parts.
    Brian

Ratacole
    OK, it's all apart and I found nothing. Well, the one thing I did find was the bolt that holds the squirt nozzle on & the squirt nozzle from my rear carb laying on my screen gasket eek! Rods, pistons, crank etc. all checked out ok. I wanted to make it through this season before a tear down but oh well. I should be back up in a few weeks.

ACCEPTENCE
    Yep...detenation, it's a bad thing and turns out you can hear it over zoomies when it gets to knockin.
    Mike, I'll call ya or give me a call. I should have all the info for you tomorrow and the new info you gave won't fly so good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast