Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Jeep

76ANTHONY
    I know nothing about Jeeps (except the old flat fender Willy's) and neither does my brother. This is strickly gonna be a leave it at the river and play around with vehicle. Not looking for an everyday driver just a toy. I'm mostly concerned with getting a newer fuel injected model cause I like that better and maybe I won't have to wrench on it for him as much. Also would like something that has a full cage and not the short cut back one that I seem to have seen before. As for suspension I'm sure a small mod may be in order. Nothing drastic. Just enough to fit a little better rubber under the fender and make playing around Havasu fun for him.
    Now another question. Whats the chance of this thing being used to tow a 23' 5000lb boat to the launch ramp and back?
    yeah, awhahahaha aint gonna happen, so you might as well just give me the fricken boat already focker

TheCarDudes
    OK. I will get Jeep Pics up and posted here very shortly. As for suspension mods, it has a small lift (2 or 3 inches) and already has BFG All terrain tires. I'm pretty sure ther are 31" tall.
    I'll get the photos up and all exact specs on everything.
    I can also be contacted on the cell# if someone wants to see it in person over this weekend.
    PM me for the cell#.
    George
    Photos on the way......

WYRD
    OK. I will get Jeep Pics up and posted here very shortly. As for suspension mods, it has a small lift (2 or 3 inches) and already has BFG All terrain tires. I'm pretty sure ther are 31" tall.
    I'll get the photos up and all exact specs on everything.
    I can also be contacted on the cell# if someone wants to see it in person over this weekend.
    PM me for the cell#.
    George
    Photos on the way......
    Is it reg in CA or AZ?

Sportin' Wood
    I know nothing about Jeeps (except the old flat fender Willy's) and neither does my brother. This is strickly gonna be a leave it at the river and play around with vehicle. Not looking for an everyday driver just a toy. I'm mostly concerned with getting a newer fuel injected model cause I like that better and maybe I won't have to wrench on it for him as much. Also would like something that has a full cage and not the short cut back one that I seem to have seen before. As for suspension I'm sure a small mod may be in order. Nothing drastic. Just enough to fit a little better rubber under the fender and make playing around Havasu fun for him.
    Now another question. Whats the chance of this thing being used to tow a 23' 5000lb boat to the launch ramp and back?
    Braking would be my only concern. Wire up the trailer brakes and go for it.

WYRD
    So what kind of basket cases do ya got, Im always looking for a project:idea:

Sportin' Wood
    It is a rough ride, how much and how hard is the coilover change?
    I'm not sure on price. Its a fairly extensive conversion. Your going from leaf spring hangers to a link type system. I can tell you how to get a better ride out of your leafs over a few beers sometime.

BarryMac
    I want the Jeep in Sportin Woods Avatar, the only way to rock. Plus it has a new beefy front differential...

Sportin' Wood
    So what kind of basket cases do ya got, Im always looking for a project:idea:
    I grab every dirt cheap roller CJ7. I have two rollers right now. One is more complete but has a little rust in the normal spots, the other is fairly straight less complete but has a Summers Brothers rear end in it and wide track 30 front.
    I also have a completly beat tub with a proven cage.( the cage held up great the body did not)
    a 65 jeep pick up complete roller
    and a 69 Blazer that looks like it fell into blender but I'm not selling that beater. Its too damn fun to crash.

Sportin' Wood
    I want the Jeep in Sportin Woods Avatar, the only way to rock. Plus it has a new beefy front differential...
    The new jeep smokes the one in my avitar and it jumps way better.
    http://www.durkadurka.net/parker425-...c_5865wtmk.jpg

djunkie
    The trailer has surge brakes so I'm probably SOL on using it to launch the boat. First time I have to brake hard the trailer will probably come around and smack me silly. I'm gonna look into the early 90's ones. I'd like to find him something with a 4.0 FI. I think that would be a lot more fun than a 4 banger. He picked up a Trader and theres a ton of them in there for around $5-6 k.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast