Thread: Boat insurance question

jbone
    I was previously insured by AAA. It was 725 a year to insure a 21 foot open bow jet with a 502. There was an agreed value of 43,000.
    Then, I moved. AAA sent my auto and home renewal policies to my new address, but the boat policy went to the old house. Well when I finally called them to find out where my renewal was, they said it was not renewed because I didn't respond to the renewal mailer.
    Now, I want to renew with them. They take the check, write the policy as it was before. Yesterday I get a letter saying I have to remove the agreed value, AND register the boat in CA instead of AZ. If I don't sign agreeing to the terms, my policy will not go into affect.
    Has anyone else had problems with insuring a boat in CA when it is registered in AZ?
    I may have to go to someone else, and now I have the zz502 and it is all polished up and pretty. I'm afraid I won't get coverage based on the engine mods.
    Any advise would be appreciated.\
    J

charlyox
    I have State farm as well . No problems. Boat is reg. in AZ. Cheapest rate also.

Lavey29
    I use State Farm also,,they are the best rate I could find. Pay $640 a year with no lay up. Insured for $86,000 with $3000 deductible and 500K liability. I have a 29' boat with blown 540 motor.It's Tom Wright State Farm in northern Cali.

Havasu1986
    Deborah Miller State Farm (928) 854-6693
    Me to.

mrs.rvrluvr
    Me to.
    I'll third that

jbone
    Thanks for the responses. I'll call on Monday.
    I hope they will do just the boat.
    J

Dan Lorenze
    J, My boat is similar to yours, 21' jet with a 502, my boat is also registered in AZ but my residence is in CA. I'm insured through Westmar and pay just over $600