Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine Choice for 27 Daytona (read before voting)

Ivan Dan
    There is no replacement for displacement. BBC. Over build it and under drive it. Let it live. To get roughly the same power out of a SBC, you will have to lean on it pretty hard.
    I'm with Danny on this one....BBC!

Dave C
    I like how the torque curve just starts at the max and basically never goes down. LMAO
    Here are the dyno numbers from my old 406ci
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...65406_Dyno.jpg

don johnson
    I am a big block guy but there is a cool factor to a small block.... I had a 66 Nova I sold a year ago that had a 434 small block with 18 degree heads and Hogan sheet metal manifold that ran mid 9's on motor and low 8's, on squeeze. And it was a street car with full interior, roll bar, tube chassis w/ 4 link.... Point is that you can make significant HP with the big small blocks.... I ran the piss out of this car and it kept coming back for more....
    I think it would be cool to go whoop up on a few big blocks to only have them discover a small block between the stringers....

WETTE VETTE
    I like different and voted SBC. With that said I think my next motor will be an all aluminum NA 11:1 632" pumped gas motor. Easy 850 HP, light weight and being NA has a cool factor to it as well. A nasty big mouse would be sweet also!
    Craig

Cat & Mice
    Wow a tie!
    I am suprised how close it is.
    I have decided to go with the BBC option. I think this boat will put a little to much strain on a single SBC. I really wanted to do something different but not despite reason.
    I also realized that this is not my dream boat and I will be selling within a few years so I don't want to loose half the audience. My dream boat is a 28-29 cat with twin Badass SBC's. I guess I will have to wait to make that happen.
    The other thing that helped my decision was that I found a pretty god deal on a Teague 800. I will be freshing that up and turning into a EFI w/Whipple. This thing will be pretty cool!
    Thanks for all you comments and votes, it is great to get so many different perspectives.
    Michael

Havasu1986
    Broke the tie.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123