Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you end up living where you're living?

Kim Hanson
    Yeah, S'toon is pock marked like teenage acne but it would be better than living in Lloyd.
    No way, we don't have Hooker alley yet ...........( . )( . )..........

Tom Brown
    No way, we don't have Hooker alley yet ...........( . )( . )..........
    Are the rippers back yet? Let me know and I'll come up to do some work on our elevator in Lloyd.

Kim Hanson
    Isn't that about minimum wage in USD?
    I grew up in Hawthorne, CA. Had been coming to the River to boat and bike since the mid '60s. My Grandfather owned an Office Supply Company in Beverly Hills, and when driving through from his home in Sun City, AZ, decided to stop in Parker to see what we saw in it. He saw that Parker Office Supply was for sale, and in 1974 decided to buy it, and had my folks move out and run it.
    I joined the Coast Guard and was sent out here '78-'81. In '87 I was considering getting out of the Guard, and the Under-Sheriff (who I used to work with on the River) offered me a job. The rest is History.
    Alan, I make $32.00 @ hr..overtime is sweetest, time and a 1/2......( . )( . ).......... Minimum wage is like 7.50, just guessing on that # though

Kim Hanson
    Are the rippers back yet? Let me know and I'll come up to do some work on our elevator in Lloyd.
    Never will happen with the " rippers ", they are trying to make this a good family raising city! They are not doing a very good job though, shooting last week in the Wall Mart parking lot :jawdrop: Bring pistols Tommy, Crack heads are rebelling:idea: ...........( . )( . ).........

STVBOY
    Alan, I make $32.00 @ hr..overtime is sweetest, time and a 1/2......( . )( . ).......... Minimum wage is like 7.50, just guessing on that # though
    So you are saying you work like 800hrs of OT a year?

Sigus
    Yeah, S'toon is pock marked like teenage acne but it would be better than living in Lloyd.
    Just spent 8 weeks in Coronach. Damn it was cold. You folks are really a tough bunch.
    Looks like I will be going back in May. Hope it warms up a tad.

Kim Hanson
    So you are saying you work like 800hrs of OT a year?
    I have never looked, it could be though. I was working 27-29 days on and 2 days off..So that might be a realistic #.........( . )( . ).........
    I make $34,00 an hour and $51.00 OT usually around 140 hrs........this is off my last pay stub ....( . )( . ).................

Tom Brown
    they are trying to make this a good family raising city!
    LMAO!
    ...shooting last week in the Wall Mart parking lot
    Understandable. There have been times when I'm trying to get through the food cart freezer section with an arthritic blue hair blocking my path that I've thought about gun play. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

Boatcop
    I have never looked, it could be though. I was working 27-29 days on and 2 days off..So that might be a realistic #.........( . )( . ).........
    I make $34,00 an hour and $51.00 OT usually around 140 hrs........this is off my last pay stub ....( . )( . ).................
    May be. But at the exchange rate, it's still about minimum wage in US dollars. :jawdrop:

Kim Hanson
    Just spent 8 weeks in Coronach. Damn it was cold. You folks are really a tough bunch.
    Looks like I will be going back in May. Hope it warms up a tad.
    Tough...more like stupid, to live in this shit! May isn't too bad............( . )( . )........No icicles :idea:

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast