Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowledge is power

Poster X
    This is as about the most sane explanation I've ever heard for making our immigration policy a priority. If you do not watch it until it's conclusion.. you're not qualified to discuss immigration.
    Making sense of our immigration policy (http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...68265&q=number)

ULTRA26 # 1
    This is as about the most sane explanation I've ever heard for making our immigration policy a priority. If you do not watch it until it's conclusion.. you're not qualified to discuss immigration.
    Making sense if our immigration policy (http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...68265&q=number)
    I believe that this was posted previoulsy by Rexone. The numbers are scary. Obviously, something has got to change, quickly!
    John M

Poster X
    I believe that this was posted previoulsy by Rexone. The numbers are scary. Obviously, something has got to chage, quickly!
    John M
    My bad. Didn't see it.

bigq
    You are correct sir it is the best....great video!

ULTRA26 # 1
    My bad. Didn't see it.
    Glad you posted it again. Needed the reminder.
    JM

Moneypitt
    And those numbers only represent the LEGAL immigrants, throw in another MILLION illegal immigrants each year..........Being old, as selfish as it sounds, aint all that bad.........MP

asch
    That's all fine and good but to expand his gum ball demo a little further:
    The small bowl represents the immigration situation and the huge tube represents ALL of America's problems, immigration is but a drop in the bucket (or bowl). While congress reversing the allowable "numbers" back to 1965 standards would be helpful, we still have much to be undone that has been done in this and the last century. The ANSWER, in my opinion, is to start over completely. Reverse every constitutional amendment and law that has been enacted in the last 100 years. I realize there are implications to this, yes I know. In the interim there would have to be TEMPORARY suspension of constitutional rights and possibly a dictatorship established. Yes, temporary...until the repercussions of the transition run their course. Then and only then would constitutional rights be restored.
    Anything less than this is subject to inevitable entropy, as it is now. We are well on our way to burning out as a superpower and as a country.
    -Wishful thinking

Poster X
    That's all fine and good but to expand his gum ball demo a little further:
    The small bowl represents the immigration situation and the huge tube represents ALL of America's problems, immigration is but a drop in the bucket (or bowl). While congress reversing the allowable "numbers" back to 1965 standards would be helpful, we still have much to be undone that has been done in this and the last century. The ANSWER, in my opinion, is to start over completely. Reverse every constitutional amendment and law that has been enacted in the last 100 years. I realize there are implications to this, yes I know. In the interim there would have to be TEMPORARY suspension of constitutional rights and possibly a dictatorship established. Yes, temporary...until the repercussions of the transition run their course. Then and only then would constitutional rights be restored.
    Anything less than this is subject to inevitable entropy, as it is now. We are well on our way to burning out as a superpower and as a country.
    -Wishful thinking
    Wow. I think that's forum blasphemy and antidisestablishmentarianism?
    Not that I'm opposed, but I just don't think it's quite that dire? We certainly need to walk backwards a few steps and bitch slap the government back into reality. They HAVE forgotten they work for us.

Moneypitt
    Wow. I think that's forum blasphemy and antidisestablishmentarianism?
    Not that I'm opposed, but I just don't think it's quite that dire? We certainly need to walk backwards a few steps and bitch slap the government back into reality. They HAVE forgotten they work for us.
    Very good, but how do we, as a people united, do that???
    Voting regularily aint working, we get the same shit regardless of which party is in the whitehouse, same for the congress and senate....They're all ex lawyers!!! How can we bitch slap them into reality?? I mean it, honestly I've seen this shit for ever, nothing ever changes....62 years later and we're still in "Vietnam", just a different geographic location.........Aid sent all over the planet, and people living in the streets right here in the US.....Doctors donating time and operating rooms to help 3rd world kids, and our wounded veterans getting 2nd class care...........How do WE, all of us, tell the powers that be we're ALL tired of it.....And don't say vote, cause that doesn't work.....I think we need another AMERICAN REVOLUTION, and we need it NOW.....MP

Poster X
    First thing we need to do is wipe this party affiliation bullshit off the board. A simple thing like us getting our shit together enough to elect an independent would be a huge start. Secondly, the unibrows need to learn that a catch phrase is not news nor is it a rational synopses of a candidates policies. Perhaps we can get volunteers to read them stories from the paper (all the way through?) Third and most important is we need to kick the electoral vote to the curb. Those simple steps would go a long way toward getting this government back to the people and it's policies more in line with popular opinion. It would also be helpful if all candidates fund raising went into a pool and all candidates divided it equally to boost their campaigns. We have to get away from "he with the most money wins."

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast