:idea: :idea: So correct me if I'm wrong here. If I run an RTR dist. (MSD 83506) with a 6M box and the box happens to take a dive I could still bypass the box and get home? If so could I actually make a pigtail that is connected at the engine end and let it hand loose (mabey capped) so that I could just unplug the dist from the box, plug into my pigtail and be on my way? Not that I don't trust the 6M box but it looks as though at least a couple of them have gone south (and I HATE paddeling). I don't seem to see as many distributor problems as box problems.
Sorry I mis-interpreted your earlier post and didn't realize the dist you have is a RTR. The RTR distributor is a stand alone distrubutor OR can be used with and MSD box... see figure 13 (http://www.msdignition.com/pdf/8350_...4_frm23728.pdf) (pdf file). I've never had the question but assume that if the box failed and not the module inside the dist, the box could be unhooked and you go on your way. That would be an interesting one to ask on the MSD website tech forum.