Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Merc engine prices

Rob Freeman
    [QUOTE=AzMandella;2416906]Still makes it hard to take anybody seriously when they can't spell or make much sense in their posts.By the way if your better with your hands,what do you type with?[/Q tuff guy huh , want to rip on me do you ? one should be careful who he rips on , its a small world !

Rob Freeman
    just read some of youre other posts . seems you like to give it out do you! i like smart asses like you , bartlett huh , just so you know , tuff guys dont have belittle people just shows how ignorant you really are be carefull i dont like to be screwed with !!!

Bow Tie Omega
    id like to see a merc engine especially sc engine get 1ooo hrs hell ive been told to have the top end done at 200 iv yet to here of any of theese 80000 going 1000 hrs id be reluctant to keep 500 hr hp 500 but thats how i feel , i ve got 32000 complete but all once rigged can go on next engine so im expecting and is tand l to see the engine back for freshening every 200 hrs as he knows this too . ill have to wait and see , what i do know is ive got 700 hp long block for 10500 ill post the build sheet to compare theese apples were hering about heads are dart pro one full port and pollish dart single plane the same isky tool room springs isky lifters , crane cam , ill post theese sheets just for shit and giggles great day to all this price also includes new hp gimble 3500 ive listed all this stuff over on boat freaks under wette vettes 598 thread thanks
    Dude, I was not being literal when I said 1000 hours. I was backing you up for a good part of my quote. Dont make this get ugly, this is a very legit thread as far as Hot Boaters are concerned. I am suprised that there are not more posting. I was just trying to bring up some valid points about how much bang a person could get for their buck. I was not hammering anyone, just trying to add to the thread in a productive manner. Personally, I think going the route you did is the more economical way to go about things. Buth then again, I am just a Jet Dork.

Stingray69
    Perhaps it would help if I showed a quote I was given back in early '05, for a high performance marine engine by a well respected marine engine builder. This was sent to me by Dave Weseldyk of Wesco Racing Engines in MI. I have not seen one bad comment about him or his work, on ANY hot boat site, and I hang out on all of them. I would bet that things have changed a little, so don't go to him and try to hold these prices against him, two years after the fact. These prices are NOT at all out of line or excessive at all.
    I chose not to use him, and sometimes I kick myself, and sometimes I'm glad I did it like I did, but the point I want to make is that Quality parts AND Quality craftsmanship are gonna cost you, and this is in a niche market where you SELDOM get what you pay for; just the nature of Marine Hi-Performance, and there's a lotta stories out there that explain what I'm trying to point out.
    Now what is someone supposed to think when they hear a story of how they got the same thing at 60% of the cost ?.... it's gonna sound fishy....hope it all works out for you and I hope that you don't discover disappointment as time goes on, about how it was that your price was substantially lower.

Rob Freeman
    [QUOTE=Bow Tie Omega;2417322]Dude, I was not being literal when I said 1000 hours. I was backing you up for a good part of my quote. Dont make this get ugly, this is a very legit thread as far as Hot Boaters are concerned. I am suprised that there are not more posting. I was just trying to bring up some valid points about how much bang a person could get for their buck. I was not hammering anyone, just trying to add to the thread in a productive manner. Personally, I think going the route you did is the more economical way to go about things. Buth then again, I am just a Jet Dork.[/QUOTEIM COOL WITH YOURE POST , I WAS SIMPLY ADDING ON TO YOURE THOUGHTS NO HARM INTENDED , I FELT AS YOU WERE SOMEWHAT AGREEI NG WITH ME , SORRY FOR THE MISCOMMUNICATION , JUST SICK IN TIRED OF PEOPLE ALWAYS BELITTLING PEOPLE TO GET SOME SELF SATISFACTION , NOT MY FORTAY I WONT JUDGE ANYONE FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE AS LONG AS THERE NOT CALLING NAMES AND ACTING LIKE A KINDERGARNER , ECT MY SPELLING SKILS ARE POOR BEEN THAT WAY MY WHOLE LIFE , COMPUTER NEW TO ME TRING MY BEST , LETS GET BACK TO THE THREAD , AND KEEP THE CHILDISH BULL SHIT TO OURSELVES I WILL . I DONT HAVE TIME TO RIDICULE ONE FOR SUCH PETTY THING AS SPELLING , ECT . SORRY FOR THE ANGER , IM USUALLY A VERRY NICE PERSON THAT WILL DO ANYTHING TO HELP SOMEONE . BUT REFUSE TO BE TREATED ANY LESS THAN ONE WANTS TO0 BE TREATED ! FAIR ENOUGH ?

AzMandella
    [QUOTE=AzMandella;2416906]Still makes it hard to take anybody seriously when they can't spell or make much sense in their posts.By the way if your better with your hands,what do you type with?[/Q tuff guy huh , want to rip on me do you ? one should be careful who he rips on , its a small world !
    Not trying to be a tuff guy.But if you reread your post #16,as I had to read it over and over and some of it still makes nosense to me.

Rob Freeman
    [QUOTE=Rob Freeman;2417121]
    Not trying to be a tuff guy.But if you reread your post #16,as I had to read it over and over and some of it still makes nosense to me.
    BEING A PRICK ALL THERE IS TO THAT POST , BUT COOL DUDE ARNT WE !!

Bow Tie Omega
    Enough with the drama:sleeping: Back to topic......So how many hours have your gotten out of a motor. I am really curious. With comparable outdrives and all, If your set up is legit and ends up only being $10,000 less, it is still $10,000. THe person who said that a NA motor loose HP at altitude, you are talking what, 10-20 hp, you are not talking 200 hp. I would consider myself hitting the jackpot saving 10's of thousands of dollars with a comparable outdrive and with a normally aspirated motor that could get more overall running hours and comparable HP. You guys can compare apples to oranges all you want, but with the items I listed above, I think it is green backs that are compared in the end.

AzMandella
    [QUOTE=AzMandella;2418904]
    BEING A PRICK ALL THERE IS TO THAT POST , BUT COOL DUDE ARNT WE !!
    Now who's calling people names and acting like a kindergartener? I never called you a single name.But that's fine you keep getting mad at yourself for writing like a kindergartener.I guess sometimes the truth hurts.:idea:

AzMandella
    So to get back on topic I too think that is way to much to pay for 700 hp.I re-used my block,pan,manifold,and roller rockers and spent $7500.00 to make 650+ hp.Using trick flow heads Crower roller cam,H-beam rods,JE pistons,Clevite H series bearings,2 Quick Fuel carbs and full MSD ignition.and I'm twisting it 6800 rpm's all the time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234