Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One step closer

rrrr
    Worked late tonight on my Howard. Color sanded, compounded, polished, and waxed the hull. It really came to life, nothing like that 60's metalflake!
    Time to put the injum in!! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Read...rives/Tlr1.JPG

Dans66Stevens
    Looks Great!!!!

That 427 Ford should look bitchen in that hull. Howard Brown sure did a nice job on those boats.

e-ticket
    rrr That is soooooo Sweet!

V-Drive Tom
    rrrr, Your going to be one proud and smiling guy hot roddin that sweet piece of 60's history around! Howard Brown and the boys were making bitchen boats in the 60's instead of participating in the LA.RIOTS or protesting the government in Berkeley!! It's sure nice you were able to save that origonal metal flake! (looks clean and cool) http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif TOM..

69 Elim
    Can you take a pic of the back of the boat - looks really close to my Eliminator.

howard69
    great boat.the paint design is the same as mine, different color though. post pics when your done id love to see them

SWW
    Thats a really clean looking boat very cool Originally posted by 69 Elim:
    Can you take a pic of the back of the boat - looks really close to my Eliminator. Look close to the trade mark dips it seems diffrent then the sanger right under dips. How many drain plugs are on the back of your boat 69 elim

rrrr,
    you're killin' me. First the great pic of the motor, now this. Makes me want to take a hammer, or a match, to that wood decker in my garage. Man that thing is gorgeous.
    What year is the hull? From about 64 or 5 to 69, Howard lived a few doors down from where I lived. He was married to Mary at the time and she had the twin daughters, Kim and Kathy. They were the same age as me then, 9 or 10. He was really a craftsman when it came to his boats and even did his own wood decks.
    A neighbor of mine now has a mid 60s howard with the cross over piece. Still has the original white gel with a blue flake target. Running a 392 hemi. Blue metalflake seat inserts too. It's actually his brothers boat and its been sitting for years in the garage with the motor out of it. He won't sell. But it's really nice.
    My daughters girlfriends dad still had his wood deck Howard, the one I told you guys that he wanted to cut it in half and make a bar. The boat is still in one piece, but they are frustrated in the shape of the wood and are losing interest in it. Shit, it's in better shape than mine. They won't sell either. Looks like it's future is going to be one of having drinks slopped all over it.
    Anyway, I thinks it's outstanding that there's so much interest in the early flatbottom stuff.
    gotta go find a match........
    rrrr, you probably already know this but Moon a few years ago, re-introduced their old line of steering wheels. If I'm not mistaked they have a gold flake one along with other colors....just in case you were looking for one.
    [This message has been edited by old rigger (edited June 19, 2002).]

rrrr
    Here's the rear view, I did the best I could with the paint. The transom had been repainted after the cav plate and exhausts were installed so it was a little messed up.
    It's a '67, old rigger. The boat already has a gold flake steering wheel, it's a Grant. I think they called them the "500" model. Wait till you guys see the tuck and roll interior, it's the original complete with a "hump cover" over the driveline.
    I also bought a '66 Ford PU to tow it with, it has 27,000 miles on it. Got it from a lil' old lady in Oklahoma, original owner.
    http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Read...rives/Tlr2.JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast