Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you're thinking of loosing weight by summer,,,

Not So Fast
    Got married in April and put on the feed bag for the past few months and picked up some weight.
    Blood pressure sky-rocketed,, so decided to shed some pounds.
    Jumped on nutri-system and have been loosing 4.7 to 5.0 lbs every week.
    The trick is to stick to it,, order the food you like, don't let them auto select because they'll send the slow selling stuff like Ham and Lima beans, and tell them no substitutions.
    When I was in the Marines and we'd throw food to the hungry people chasing our trucks,, they'd throw the ham and Mother#uc#ers back at us.
    What does that tell ya? I agreed with them. Brutal.
    It really works.
    The only catch is the free one or two weeks of food in the Nutrisystem special offer, is stuff they couldn't sell like Ham and Mother##ckers.
    I'm staying on it until I can fit back into my Marine Corps uniform.
    Me and the misses were just talking about this system because we need the weight off also. It seems expensive but if you cut your grocery bill by 75% then its a trade off right? How much have you lost so far? Is the food very good or do you dread eating it? We'd like to shed 15-20 lbs each but we love to eat and my wifey is a great cook so its hard. Tell me more OK? Thanks, NSF

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    My Mom (your typical little old fat lady) started Weight Watchers summer of 05, she turned 75 this past November. Her goal was to lose 75 lbs by her 75th Birthday... She lost 81, and has dropped another 10 or so since. Her quality of life is better than it has been for years. She has never ridden in either of my boats. The other day she said "This summer you're taking me for a damn boat ride!"
    I'm VERY proud of her!

That is awesome!!

Trailer Park Casanova
    Me and the misses were just talking about this system because we need the weight off also. It seems expensive but if you cut your grocery bill by 75% then its a trade off right? How much have you lost so far? Is the food very good or do you dread eating it? We'd like to shed 15-20 lbs each but we love to eat and my wifey is a great cook so its hard. Tell me more OK? Thanks, NSF
    Good questions.
    This is the second time I got on it.
    The first time, I just went with what they called the most popular foods auto select,, and it was pretty bad, didn't like it, lost 12 lbs and quit.
    So,,, I chose just the stuff I liked. Much better.
    Cajun Jambalya kinda stuff, teriayki,, ect.
    When ya cook the eggs in the morning, you can add more egg and add things like crumbled turkey bacon, onions, salsa ect.
    The pastas I add extra home made sauce.
    You can add all the salsa ya want to all the other foods too.
    I've lost about 20 lbs, staying on until I hit 170 lbs, the weight I was when I got outta the USMC.
    Pick the foods ya like, figure a way to make them just a little more interesting and better and keep those items on hand.
    All the deserts I eat with Land O lakes sugar free whipped cream.
    Even the cookies.
    The pan cakes are excellent, and again the whipped cream.
    The hamburger I eat on a Kings Hawaiian bun with lite 1000 dressing and lots of grilled onions and lettuce.
    Just little things like that really amp it all up.
    Vault diet soda,, bacardi and diet coke,, throw the frisby with the kids, walk places.
    After about 10 days ya loose your appetite, you'll even forget to eat some meals, and it's really easy.
    Then,, weight watchers 4 days a week, and ya can hit the good food again.
    My wife is Swiss, lived a spell in New Orleans, and as a result and like your wife handy in the kitchen,, our kitchen is jumpin' too.
    Hard to walk away from Jumbo Fried shrimp & hushpuppies, Saurbraten,, Mint Julips & sticky buns that are streets ahead of Cinnabon,, real New Orleans fritters,,, water bugs & dirty rice,, Monte Cristo & poorboy sandwitches,, easy to pack on the pounds.

TahitiTiger
    New to the forum, and my first post is about my weight, and not even my boat. LOL
    But anyways I am getting married on March 24th. And I am 30 pounds over my normal weight. Guy I work with, his wife is new to the nutrition racket, but the few clients she has, have shown results. So I am useing a certified nutritionist, with a light exercise regement to start. Morning walks, jogs, basic situps, pushups.
    And your right, you have to stick to it to make it work! Only thing I have a problem with is the 2 quarts of water a day.

Trailer Park Casanova
    New to the forum, and my first post is about my weight, and not even my boat. LOL
    But anyways I am getting married on March 24th. And I am 30 pounds over my normal weight. Guy I work with, his wife is new to the nutrition racket, but the few clients she has, have shown results. So I am useing a certified nutritionist, with a light exercise regement to start. Morning walks, jogs, basic situps, pushups.
    And your right, you have to stick to it to make it work! Only thing I have a problem with is the 2 quarts of water a day.
    Congradulations!.
    You be happy you lost the weight every time you look at the wedding pix.

dumbandyoung
    Im doing weight watchers. I really like it. I have lost 9# in 3 weeks and you can eat whatever you want you just have to stay within your "points" for the day....
    My mom started weight watchers about a year ago. She looks like a new person. It really works!. keep going!!!!!
    I really need to shed some pounds. If not, none of my shirts are gonna fit anymore. I already gave up candy and soda. And Im really cutting down on the beer and going to Grey Goose or wine. I started running a few weeks ago, but my asthma tore me up so Im gonna get back on the treadmill tonight and see how I can hold up. If I do ok on the treadmill all week, im gonna get a gym pass at LA Fitness.
    I really need to loose like 20 lbs or I might be able to wear pasties this summer

scooooter7
    The wife did WW about 4 years ago...she is now a lifetime member. She made her goal weight by losing 50 pounds and looked great in my son's wedding pictures 2 years ago. She has kept the weight off so it does work.

Kachina26
    Heck, just get yourself a case of the flu like I had this week. I spent 3 days shivering under the covers sweating my ass off and lost 10 pounds!!!! Seriously though, before I jacked up my shoulder a few years back I was doing Bill Phillips Body for Life progam and had lost 50 pounds, eating a balanced diet that included carbs and 1 cheat day every week where I just ate anything I wanted. I really need to return to that lifestyle, it wasn't very hard to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12