Wet sanding is no friend of mine............ Took three days of sanding with 1000 grit and then going over again with 1500 grit. Kinda scared me because it really looked like crap when I was done. At least it looked consistantly bad, and there were no lows or highs that I could see, just even dullness. Today the good stuff started and I started of with a 1400 RPM buffer with a cutting pad and some 3M cutting compound, followed by a finish pad and 3M polishing copmpund. Holy Sh#$!!!!!!!! This thing turned out beautifull!!!!! It looks like a brand new boat. Boat is an 87 19' CP gullwing with 5 reds on a white hull, and I can't even believe it's a 19 year old boat. I'll try to get some pictures up of a before and after. It didn't look bad before, but what a diff. If anyone is thinking about doing it I would say go for it. Just plan on a couple of days of not being able to feel your fingers at night.......... Also, don't even bother trying to polish around hardware, just take it all off (found out the hard way.) Jason