Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: h.t.m boats

40FlatDeck
    I had 98' Htm and loved that boat. It has a fast bottom with tons of storage and a nice area under the bow to get out of the sun. Below 55 they ride heavy but as soon as you get some lift it is a great handling boat. On a rough Havasu day you will feel it but I don't know many boats that wouldn't. About the only issue I had was a broken Bravo drive. You should not listen to the Htm haters here, go test drive one and see for yourself.

Bad Puddy Tat
    Still have my 2001 and love it. It is a drivers boat I.E. trim corectly when going into a turn etc.etc. If it has just a stock 454 you won't like it very much. As it was stated earlier they ride a little heavy until about 50-55 MPH. After that they ride on rails. I personally have 1000HP in mine. Never had any issues with the hull or drive. The boat rides awesome from 65-100. Years ago there were several rollovers that happened. All were attributed to driver error. Iknow that will stir up the haters.

Deano
    Years ago there were several rollovers that happened. All were attributed to driver error.
    Or the ass end of the boat coming apart....I would think the man that designed and built the boats knew how to drive them. God rest his sole

Bad Puddy Tat
    Or the ass end of the boat coming apart....I would think the man that designed and built the boats knew how to drive them. God rest his sole
    If you are familiar with that accident at all you know that the ass end didn't come apart

Deano
    I should just keep my mouth/fingers shut.... I'm a pretty positive person, but any boat that needs to be "rocked" before going into a turn just rubs me wrong...Glad your happy, good luck.

Bad Puddy Tat
    Liek I said it is a drivers boat. It does have a different feel than alot of cats. I personally have never really had an issue with the way it handles although I have heard a lot of complaints. I also neglected to say that mine is an SS I couldn't tell you if the SR handles differently. I've never driven a fast SR. I just preferred the looks of the SS

JMC
    Nothing wrong with these hulls fk. They are fast for a reason. Most of the peeps bad mouthing them have never ridden in one or they got pased by one......oh, and there are some folks here that just love to hate.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1/DSCN0540.jpg

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    Its really hard to get good advice on what boat to buy here on hb, especially if its not a DCB:jawdrop: The advice you get will usually be from a cheerleader who has one, or a hater whe heard through a friend something negative. I am familiar with the boat, i know what happened up on castaic lake, and i have ridden in a few. It is a fast boat as mentioned. Most were built with big power. As with any cat, does not really start to perform till you pack it with air. I would say its a no frills middle of the line custom. I was not a big fan of the handleing of the boat, especially in the turns..... rolls pretty hard to the outside. On the positive side, they are quiet a bit cheaper then some of the top brands. They definalty have a cult following, people love'em or hate'em! I have 2 friends that own them and have not heard of any problems with the gel/transom/structre of the boat. GOOD LUCK

tbanzer
    I reasearched this boat when I was looking a couple of years ago. I read some positive and some negative.It seamed that the people who actually own or owned an HTM in the past were very pleased with the boat. I was almost scared off by some of the nonsense on these boards. I bought one anyways and I am glad I did. I couldnt find any other manufacture that offers as much convience in a boat this size as HTM. The next boat im looking at is their 30.

Deano
    The next boat im looking at is their 30.
    There is one at K&H marine....big sumbitch..no engines/drives. You could probably pick it up cheap.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast