Hey everyone, I need your opion on a different way to move your boat down the highway.
As some of you know, I was in the auto hauling business for 12 years with 28 semi's. I have been thinking of a way to move the more expensive boats without dragging them on the road. If you are in the towing business and need to move a large motorhome you use a trailer known as a Landoll. This is a 53ft flat deck that lowers down to a 4percent load angle at the rear. You could back up to a large boat and tow the trailer and boat up the trailer and secure it. Your would then not have to worry about trailer bearings and trailer regitration. The boat would still be sitting on its own trailer only it would be 36" higher off of the ground. less chance of a rock or anything else hitting the boat or trailer. These trailers are not cheap to buy, plus you need a full size tractor to pull it. I think that a 25cent surcharge for the trailer over the normal miliage charge would be fair to the boat owner.
Please give me your opion on this. I will be buying one of these at the end of this week. thanks