Thread: copper gaskets???

2forcefull
    new copper gaskets with built in O-rings, I heard they are the best you can buy, anyone use them???
    they have some sealer stuff around the ports, should I spray them with copper coat??

fc-pilot
    If you are talking about the SCE gaskets than no, don't put copper coat on them.
    Paul

WannabeRacing
    No. Do not spray them with copper. Make sure both surfaces are clean and dry. Then put them on and start a-crankin. I have used them with great results.
    They are a great gasket. They hold a ton of pressure. And I mean a TON!! Not certain about the best you can buy. The cometics and other MLS gaskets are great at sealing and very user friendly as well.
    With these two new gaskets, there is no reason for o-rings ever again. Unless you are top fuel or top alcohol. And then you would have an aluminum block anyway.

2forcefull
    thanks for the replys,!!!!!!

GofastRacer
    They hold a ton of pressure. And I mean a TON!!.
    How about 12.5 compression blown alky with 15lbs of boost 7500r's???..

2forcefull
    what about head bolt tourque ????80 ?

Squeezing Spectra
    The SCE titans with oring are very good gaskets

WannabeRacing
    They held a small block buick with 3300psi of cylinder pressure for 52 dyno pulls without one failure. Everything tested fine after the last dyno pull. The engine was 286 cubic inches that made 1833 horsepower at 43 pounds of turbo boost. That is 6.4 horsepower per cubic inch at 9300rpm.
    Will they hold what you are looking to hold?
    I say absolutely!
    And head bolt/stud torque is almost always what the fastener recommendations are. Very few deviate from this. And usually with mixed results when they do. So just torque them to the specs.

Big H
    I ran my 540 BBC to 6500 rpm with 25 lbs of boost on the dyno multiple times for tuning. SCE Titans with the built-in sealing ring. Worked flawlessly...