Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trolling 101

Havasu Hangin'
    It's come to my attention that certain people on the boards are irritating many members. I thought I'd offer some insight.
    The word "trolling" not only refers to Uncle Tony's boat, but is also comes from the term "trolling for newbies"...which means posting just to get a response, and has no other value.
    Now...we can't mandate values, politeness, or "the Golden Rule". However, it's been my experience that IF YOU DON'T RESPOND TO INFLAMITORY POSTS, THEY WILL GO AWAY. "Ignore" is the word of the day.
    It may not be easy...but try it. It works.
    Just a little "heads up" from the HH School of Posting. Please make your checks payable to the "HH Tugboat Recovery Fund."

[ May 10, 2003, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin' ]

HCS
    OK. wink

Ms. AquaBoogie1
    exactly

OutCole'd
    Havasu Hangin':
    It's come to my attention that certain people on the boards are irritating many members. I thought I'd offer some insight.
    The word "trolling" not only refers to Uncle Tony's boat, but is also comes from the term "trolling for newbies"...which means posting just to get a response, and has no other value.
    Now...we can't mandate values, politeness, or "the Golden Rule". However, it's been my experience that IF YOU DON'T RESPOND TO INFLAMITORY POSTS, THEY WILL GO AWAY. "Ignore" is the word of the day.
    It may not be easy...but try it. It works.
    Just a little "heads up" from the HH School of Posting. Please make your checks payable to the "HH Tugboat Recovery Fund."
    Youre trying to trick me into replying to your post. Well its not going to work.

hboldno7
    Amen, I have been waiting for this post.5 stars to HH for a great revelation. Just ignore them, ie DONT FEED THE ANIMALS

RiverKitty
    Havasu Hangin':
    "Ignore" is the word of the day. It may not be easy...but try it. It works. Sounds like a plan Stan, err..I mean Mr. Hangin'! Count me in!!!
    Cheers ~RK

Kim Hanson
    Was I bad again last night, that was an imposter........( . )( . )........ wink

Havasu Hangin'
    You know...the funny thing is that I'm guilty of it too. I think we all are at one time or another.
    However, I mostly exchange jabs with members I know, or those who know that I am only kidding. I think after awhile you learn who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.
    Either way, if a post gets ignored, they won't talk to themselves...believe me.

HOSS
    Yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,OK.

Havasu Hangin'
    HOSS:
    Yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,OK. I wasn't talkin' to you.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast