Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Casitas tomorrow

Sangerboy
    Dragboat Dad:
    Slowpoke, we would have enjoyed your company today but I understand about the Birthday. It was a good day for us, Ian's Guardian Angel was on the ball. Also I'm glad I don't have any major problems to deal with. Looking forward to Needles now. It's probably better that you didn't have your boat there today. DBD, Ian and I seemed to make enough noise today.(you guys with the zoomies somehow seem to standout )

Fired Up
    Ian,
    Did you figure out why you lost the key from the rudder assembly? Was there a clamp over the key?

Ian
    Did you figure out why you lost the key from the rudder assembly? Was there a clamp over the key? I don't know why the key fell out, I put it back together the same way I took it apart. As of now there isn't a clamp on it, but I'm definately going to put one on it. I have a sfety collar but it is above the upper support. Are you going to come up to Needles? If not we should meet up at Casitas one day with Sangerboy, Slowpoke and my dad.

Fired Up
    When I replaced my rudder this year I was told (by more than one reliable source) to make sure and have a clamp over the key. For exactly the reason you found out. I'm grateful it was a fortunate learning experience for you. And I have two safety collars on my rudder shaft. One above the pillow block (bearing) and another below. A get together some morning sounds like fun. It would be good to meet a few other locals. I will not be able to make Needles though, Its enough effort just to plan for the races every month and get my schedule to work out.

Dragboat Dad
    Thanks Fired Up, would love to hook up some morning- maybe I'll play hooky some weekday.

Sangerboy
    Dragboat Dad:
    Thanks Fired Up, would love to hook up some morning- maybe I'll play hooky some weekday. That would be way cool Fridays are always good for me.

Fired Up
    That's good to know. My schedule is flexible and Fridays can work out so long as my work rotation has me off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12