Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Pictures from Nostalgia deal at Moses Lake Wa.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I suspect a lot of people are in for some Deja-vu....coming soon!! Cool pic. of the King.
    If theres anything I can do to help you Wayne, you have my #.Jerry

smalls
    VD Video, You gonna make Bakesfield????

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Originally posted by smalls
    VD Video, You gonna make Bakesfield???? Dang!!! Is that this weekend?? Sorry chief, won't be there, but hopefully Redding video can hook you guys up as usual.

72 superlite
    Circle Jerk, Haven't heard from you . Did you get the video? Not bad for a boat launcher/ videoographer, huh? Next year I'll bring a helmet cam and I can multitask the whole weekend. you won't miss a second of the action. Speaking of action how is Mark doing? Is he all healed up and ready to go after it next year? Oh yeah ,don't worry the itching finally went away from my weekend standing Moses Lake. What the hell do you people over there dump in the water. Just kidding about the itch, the doctor says it will never go away, thanks alot. Hey where is my video from you? Rick

CircleJerk
    Not to open the proverbial can of worms, but to ask HUD or someone to select some photos for the wildest v-drives shots. We are still struggling with our new puter and we Nosties would be honored to join the greatest v-drive pics collection in the WORLD! Especially since Hot Boat does not think we are interesting enough to grace the pages of their mag.....maybe someday when a bonified class for us appears nationwide, they will re-consider.
    One final note: Racing resumes June 5-6 at Banks Lk followed by four more in Washington and a possible invitation to Burley Idaho. {see 2004 Nosty Schedule}
    Any chance of a Nosty challenge coming from California? I would certainly be up for that! How about it Jim Best? Jeff Wooten? Gritch? Steve M.? Your royal-JeRkness and Blondie are 'L people' to the end and love to compare speeds......

Dave Sammons
    Guys
    I'm probably dating myself, but, if this is the original Sweet Caroline, it set the SK Runabout Kilo Record in 1974 at Parker running. a little over 120mph with none other than the Late, Great, Gordon Jennings at the helm. The SK class was limited to 400 inches and carburation. The internal engine rules were the same as Superstock at the time. This particular boat ran Webers.
    Dave Sammons

Cowboy Bob
    Guys
    I'm probably dating myself, but, if this is the original Sweet Caroline, it set the SK Runabout Kilo Record in 1974 at Parker running. a little over 120mph with none other than the Late, Great, Gordon Jennings at the helm. The SK class was limited to 400 inches and carburation. The internal engine rules were the same as Superstock at the time. This particular boat ran Webers.
    Dave Sammons
    Just curious....
    How many types of Laveys were there? "Jerks" is a 1974 "C" "Longdeck" "with Rocker"
    Were there a ton of different Molds that Lavey used from 1970 onwards?
    (Just learning here.......)

CircleJerk
    According to the 'Gritch', three! Number one mold was modified many times as new speed stuff was tried. Also, I am told the newer the Lavey, the heavier it was built as no two were exactly alike and at least one early one broke in two after hitting a big hole. Some even had more than two stringers, some three and some four. Note, all Lavey race boats had rocker built in, some more than others. When I did the bottom last year, I found that unusual side to side difference making the left side (suction area) flatter than the right. Maybe someone can elaborate, Gordy? Truitt? Billy? Don Snelling?

CircleJerk
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/1099Wickens_at_MosesLake.jpg[/img] I'll get a few up Tonight.
    Bill Silvers, 1965 Wickens Aquacraft, Holmon Moody aluminum 427 Ford high riser with dual Carters and 180 degree headers tuned for max torque at 6000rpm. This boat will be raced in two classes this year, with his daughter sporting rookie status for the first race at Tastin Racin. This boat has been meticulously restored and has a drop in velvet drive that replaces the solid shaft for water skiing. It runs a Cary 11 1/2 X 16 two blade and spins a 12 gear (short straights) to 6500! The trim tab is lever actuated and only 5 inches wide! He sets it once and then races. This boat turns and runs best in rough chop since it weighs in at 2200 Lb.!

CircleJerk
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/1099Boyds_Lavey.jpg[/img] Circle Jerk in person.
    Yes, its fast! Qualifying in the fast four Nostalgia boats at all three of its only events. Finished this race in second place right behind the Bezer of Mr. Nordling with 468 power. I will sell it with the original SK 402 bbc for 6500 cash so I have room and $s to finish my b-boat! Besides we have another L boat in the family!!! Less engine, oil pan, & headers, right now, dont hesitate, for $3750! It has a whirlaway, lightened gears, original hardware installed by Al Lavey himself and on the dash are the California race site plaques proving its racing history. Some floor flow coat cracking from that hot Calif sun. No hull damage repairs found anywhere! Be a real man and not a b-boat-crowd copy Kat! :yuk:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011