Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures from Nostalgia deal at Moses Lake Wa.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by CircleJerk:
    #4: 1976 Lavey-Craft 'Sidewinder' formerly and still named 'Sweet Caroline' and current ProComp recordholder at 104.6 formerly driven by George Nordling.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finally some clear pics from the guys up north. Great thread!! Good lookin machinery you guys are playin with.
    CJ, What is this Sweet Caroline record??? It doesn't show up in the A.P.B.A. book or web-site??
    This is what the book and website lists.
    A.P.B.A. SS, PS, K Course & Kilo Records:
    5 mile/5 lap
    SS: Gordon Jennings Jr.in the "Stars & Stripes" Biesemeyer/chevy 89.55mph 9/28/91 Oroville Ca.
    PS: Jeff Gibson in the "Struttin" Biesemeyer/chevy 88.20mph 9/7/03 Yelm, Wa.
    K: Gordon Jennings Jr. in the "Freedom" Revenge/chevy 94.98mph Oroville, Ca.
    5 mile/4 lap
    SS: Lance Faulkner in the "Hot'er Canary" Biesemeyer/chevy 96.42mph 7/20/97 Olympia, Wa.
    PS: Jeff Gibson in the "Struttin" Biesemeyer/chevy 100.66mph 9/08/02 Yelm, Wa.
    K: Duff Dailey in the "Steeler" Revenge/chrysler 107.16mph 6/25/94 St. Pete, Fl.
    5 mile/3 lap
    SS: Dave Villwock in the "Good Vibrations" Jones-starfire/chevy 100.28mph 7/28/85 Tumwater, Wa.
    PS: Kelly Stocklin in the "Rocket" Jones-starfire/chevy 102.97mph 9/20/97 Yelm, Wa.
    K: George Woods Jr. in the "Bad Company" Hondo Sprint/chevy 114.07mph 3/27/83 Yelm, Wa.
    Kilo
    SS: Lance Faulkner in the "Hot'er Canary" Biesemeyer/chevy 121.18mph 10/17/99 Lincoln City Or.
    PS: Danny Loveless in the "Beg, Borrow or Steal" Barron Sprint/pontiac 130.41mph 11/29/98 La Paz Park- Parker, Az.
    K: Gordon Jennings Jr. in the "Freedom" Revenge/chevy 146.65mph 9/30/89 Lincoln City, Or.
    I don't see any Laveys???
    love (patiently waiting to me educated)Jerry G. Lol
    Go Blonde

GofastRacer
    V-DRIVE VIDEO:
    love (patiently waiting to me educated)Jerry G. LolGot to go back to the 70's and early 80's! for that!..

boatguy222
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO:
    [QB] [QUOTE]Originally posted by CircleJerk:
    #4: 1976 Lavey-Craft 'Sidewinder' formerly and still named 'Sweet Caroline' and current ProComp recordholder at 104.6 formerly driven by George Nordling.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finally some clear pics from the guys up north. Great thread!! Good lookin machinery you guys are playin with.
    CJ, What is this Sweet Caroline record??? It doesn't show up in the A.P.B.A. book or web-site??
    Jerry,
    Sweet Caroline holds the 1 2/3 record for Pro Comp, I don't think it's in the current rule book.It's an Old School record
    [ September 29, 2003, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: boatguy222 ]

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    GofastRacer:
    V-DRIVE VIDEO:
    love (patiently waiting to me educated)Jerry G. LolGot to go back to the 70's and early 80's! for that!.. CJ claims the boat is a current Pro-Comp record holder. As we all know, Pro-Comp became Pro-Stock and I don't see any Laveys in the current Pro-Stock speed record list (or any class for that matter). If you guys know of some secret speed records that still exist from 70's or 80's (some of these current ones are 80's) go ahead and let the cat out of the bag, I won't tell anyone!! wink

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    boatguy222:
    Jerry,
    Sweet Caroline holds the 1 2/3 record for Pro Comp, I don't think it's in the current rule book.It's an Old School record Thank you Mark.

boatguy222
    V-DRIVE VIDEO:
    boatguy222:
    Jerry,
    Sweet Caroline holds the 1 2/3 record for Pro Comp, I don't think it's in the current rule book.It's an Old School record Thank you Mark. Jerry,
    The Records started over when Pro Stock started, the engine requirements changed a little. The Sweet Caroline also maybe hold an SK record when it was on the east coast. Like I said Old School Records

72 superlite
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1099ss83.jpg[/img] Records smecords, I've got more pictures. Boyds Lavey

72 superlite
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1099mark.jpg[/img] The Sidewinder Lavey, and record holder in question, Sweet Caroline

72 superlite
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1099George_Nordling.jpg[/img] A popular view of this boat. That yellow tank is full of whoop ass.

blondie#1
    Jerry, An idea for you. Why dont you just admit that Laveys DO run? and Hondos are circular has beens! eek! Did Ken Dorn just fake it on the SS tour? Or did SS39 RUN HARD? Now, for the latest, ask your buddy Jeff G. how the Jerk did in Chelan against all the ProStocks this last week end! I will give you a clue: he didnt flip and was not lapped, in fact he stayed right with the field earning his license for next year. eek! That performance came from a vintage 396! So, take your head out of the sand box eek! and admit that Laveys are not dead! Sincerely, Your only Blonde racing friend and video admirer! Bomber

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast