Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: water methanol injection/nitrous on roots blower

Summer LuvN
    It,s activated by a adjustable boost switch. My paypal account is screwed up I forgot my password. I,ll take a check or money order. Mike.
    When is the boat going to be ready??

IMPATIENT 1
    I tried the MSD BTM box on my set-up (h20/methanol injection), but couldn't get it to work so I opted for the MSD retard box (I think it's 7982 or something) which drops the timing 4 deg (adjutable with plug) when triggered by a hobbs switch set at 6 psi boost. It's simple, cheap and has worked well for four seasons now, just not a gradual retarding system.
    yeah, i keep hearing that about the btm's, but i'd rather remove too much timing than not enough.i'm new to blown jets and this set-up will be my learnin curve, plus the mill will get a dual plate system(nitrous) this winter and the btm will handle that for me

1968Droptop
    yeah, i keep hearing that about the btm's, but i'd rather remove too much timing than not enough.i'm new to blown jets and this set-up will be my learnin curve, plus the mill will get a dual plate system(nitrous) this winter and the btm will handle that for me
    IMPATIENT 1, have you considered the Mallory hi-Fire VI ? I'm running one this year. A buddy has run one for many years trouble free. NO pills, it's all dig read out, complete adjustabilty at your fingers. It also has a very cool tach test function which allows you to check the read out of your tach w/o the engine running. Just a thought..............

Warp Factor
    Roots blower, 10 lbs boost, 175 nitrous, 9 to 1 compression, 34 degrees timing locked, water injection using manifold pressure instead of a pump, pump gas. Haven't had an engine failure in over 10 years.
    Most important perhaps? A knock sensing ignition which will retard individual cylinders. It retards a bit on the nitrous sometimes, and may have saved me a few times when I overheated due to debris in the water.
    See at http://www.jandssafeguard.com/

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567