Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Drag Boat Hull

sdba069

sdba069
    THE FUN BEGINS

sdba069
    CS19......... We will be running a Schmidt 500" DRCE II Olds and Owen's gearbox with a pump of our own mixture. I've got the engine apart right now, freshening it up.This is not Zellmer's old engine. I've been asked that a lot. Full race, Pro Gas Jet. Who knows, we may end up running in the PWC class.

gptoyman
    Damm , Gary YOU IS THE MAN..
    Way too kewel! and I can't wait to see it rigged.
    :messedup: :messedup: :messedup:

sdba069
    Thanks Ron, me too.

this thing should haul arse, i hope to do something like that one day.
    the engine gonna make more hp than zellmers did?

sdba069
    According to Schmidt's dyno sheets and what Zellmer was advertising his at, we'll make a little more. There are a lot of considerations to think about. We are going to run ours, basically, the way it came out of the car, as far as cam and such. It showed to make good power at the RPM we plan on turning it, but there may be a better cam, we'll just have to see how everything works. It did make peak power several hundred RPM higher than what we are planning on turning it though.We expect to spend at least one season just trying to sort things out. I have a data acquisition system on the way and that should help quite a bit.

Wow, this thing should be stout.
    What data logger are you running?
    My quikdata was worth every penny.

sdba069
    I'll have the advanced Qwikdata. I have sort of a dealer deal with them and sell them for about the same price as Jeg's. I've been running them since they came out. Once we got past the teething pains with the sensors, they've been great. We learned pretty quick, not to attach them directly to anything mounted solid in the boat, or car, as far as that goes. I mount them remotely and suspend them to protect them from shock, not electrical.

Cheyenne372
    2-R's:
    So I now know the skinny on whose boat it is...!
    Make sure you put his seat a little lower in the new boat than his old one! Sorry that we're losing a M/E boat in the process, but damn happy for Team *e*e*.
    Guess you heard the news about the banquet.....3 to 1 against going to MF as a co-points race.....I've been telling them that nobody wanted to do those co-points deals and now they know!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast