Thread: Which boat?

WETTE VETTE
    I have been thinking about getting into a v-drive for a long time. Our local inland lake is pretty short so brutal acceleration is necessary. At the same time the lake gets a little choppy from time to time and I don't want to be "on the porch" because my drag boat cannot handle some chop. So here is what I would like in terms of performance. Something that can run a solid 110 MPH with an honest 900 HP. The boat must accelerate hard and still be able to run when conditions are less than perfect. Cornering at high speeds is a plus as well and I would like at least 2 seats so I can take my wife or friends for a ride from time to time. I currently have a 23' WPM Cat that runs 120 MPH and that is fun for now, but someday a v-drive will be mine. What boat am I looking for?
    Craig

Schiada Time
    '21 Schiada River Cruiser V-drive, blown or twin-turbo charged BBC, tall gears. Will go through chop like nobody's business and haul ass.

Unchained
    In my opinion you just can't beat the ride of a tunnel hull V drive.
    I was so impressed by the 21' Daytona v drive that I bought last winter that I sold the jet boat and am pouring all my efforts into the V drive project.
    If you can wait until May I'll take you for a ride and you can see for yourself.
    I'm in the process of rigging the turbo motor into it along with a slew of other upgrades.
    There's was a real nice 21' Liberator v drive tunnel for sale in texas,
    http://http://www.***boat.com/image_...lmersboat8.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...lmersboat4.JPG
    I saw on the ***boat classifieds there is a 23' Daytona v drive w/o engine in Havasu for only 9k.
    I seen your boat run several times. It's real clean and fast but isn't going to accellerate like a v drive. You're hooked on tunnels now but don't realise it yet.
    Mark
    616 813 7237

WETTE VETTE
    Unchained,
    I'll take you up on that offer! I plan on keeping my cat at least this summer, but I want to start researching boats for my next ride. The NA motor has been very reliable and makes pretty decent power, but I think it is time to build a blower motor for something. As you know the Bravo cannot take the abuse of hole shots and drag type running so I'm thinking V-drive. We'll see you up at Hardy!!
    Can't wait to see the V-drive!
    Craig

WETTE VETTE
    '21 Schiada River Cruiser V-drive, blown or twin-turbo charged BBC, tall gears. Will go through chop like nobody's business and haul ass.
    So what kind of power will it take to get the RC to 110 MPH speeds? I really like the new blower from Whipple and wouldn't mind going that route with my 598". I have always like the Schiada and probably need to take a ride in one sometime.
    Craig

OldFaithful Squirter
    That red and yellow boat use to belong to Elmar Youngblood from up around Fort Worth/ Grandbury area. If he still has it you can contact him at 817-318-6006 or 817-896-3464

bigheavyd2
    We at www.dragboatcity.com have lots of boats for sale and they are all over the USA. check them out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RiverDave
    Keith Sayre and Vee-driven have both very nice 21 Schiada's for sale your choice ??? will do what yer looking for........
    110 mph?
    RD

GofastRacer
    A Raysoncraft is another good choice for running in the shit at high speeds!..