Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: opinions on home surround sounds

Hotcobra270
    Looking to get a good surround sound for my living room. I'm looking for something under 1K and the rear speaker must be wireless (hate wires). Must have good Bass and be clear at high volume.
    What do you guys suggest? I like the bose systems but they just seem a bit pricey for the Cash.. Let me know if youre running a good system.
    thanks

Chromegorilla
    Good luck on the wireless deal.... I have yet to hear one thats even half way decent. And you know they aren't truly wireless. You will still have speaker wire that will run between the rear "power module/reciever" (thats plugged into the wall) and both the left and right rear speaker. So there will be speaker wire going to each rear speaker.

shippingguy
    I really like all the BOSE stuff. It is simple to run and hookup. The DVD/CD/Stereo/Surround Receiver is all one slim line unit and the bass and the high volume is absolutely crystal clear. Just my .02

Nord
    Good luck on the wireless deal.... I have yet to hear one thats even half way decent. And you know they aren't truly wireless. You will still have speaker wire that will run between the rear "power module/reciever" (thats plugged into the wall) and both the left and right rear speaker. So there will be speaker wire going to each rear speaker.
    I too have not found a wireless set that is good. If it is made, then it definately will be over a grand.

Chromegorilla
    I really like all the BOSE stuff. It is simple to run and hookup. The DVD/CD/Stereo/Surround Receiver is all one slim line unit and the bass and the high volume is absolutely crystal clear. Just my .02
    I know alot of people that like Bose... but save your money...
    Wayyyyyyyyyy overpriced for what you get. just do a little research.(ie anything not written by BOSE) and you'll see....

shippingguy
    Wayyyyyyyyyy overpriced for what you get. just do a little research.(ie anything not written by BOSE) and you'll see....
    Oh definitely pricey, but too late. I have had it for years and actually at the time it was not that expensive. Now at the river house I have something different.

Jyruiz
    Amen!

dumbandyoung
    i have the bose. Its a comes with 5 speakers(2 rear, one middle, 2 front) and a subwoofer. sounds pretty good. I cant remember how much i paid for it, i think les than 500...sounds great though!

Cole Trickle
    I think I spent $1000 in wire :idea:

HM
    If you like Bose, don't call them direct. My buddy is the exclusive Bose installer for CA, AZ, and NV. When you call them direct, they charge and arm and a leg for installation, and then they keep half of the installation fee and pay the other half to the intallers.
    My buddy can get you wholesale direct pricing (well, he marks it up, but it is cheaper than retail) and will do the installation with everything for way cheaper than if you called Bose.
    PM me if you are interested.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast