Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Schiada Cat?

Yes, Sanger also made the Alley Cat, not sure how many were ever produced.
    I too have that Schiada cat ad, nice piece of history, also have the 22' Schiada Turbine powered v-drive that Vince Granatelli owned ad as well, plus a few old "price" sheets, those are neat to see how much they used to cost versus what they now cost
    the sanger alley cats were build under a license agreement with skater the schiada may very well have been also.

damn thats a lot of work for just a couple of boats

InKahntrol
    Come on now Trav, don't leave us 20' V-drivers out!
    Sorry. I just hate big boats. Its all about '21 and '22 V-drives. They have the timeless character that cannot be matched by new trendy cats with flames and skulls and tribal graphics.

Schiada Time
    Sorry Dan. All 18 and 19 foot flatty's and 20-22 cruisers are acceptable.

CampbellCarl
    Hey Schiada Time.......only cruisers in the 20-22 ft????? wtf? No centerdecks?
    CC
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

InKahntrol
    Ok sweet, that's what I like to hear. Mine boat is actually 20.5-feet, so if I used the same measuring system I use for other stuff I could call it a 35'.
    Sorry Dan. All 18 and 19 foot flatty's and 20-22 cruisers are acceptable.

Schiada Time
    Dan- What gears are you turning and how much HP do you have? I have a 11.5X15 3 blade to try, a 12x15 3 blade to try and a 12x16 3-blade to try. The 12x15 I borrowed from you made the boat plain out slow and the shoreline was going by offly slow even at 3500 rpms. I'm thinking the 11.5X15 is going to be pretty spot on. I will ship your propeller back to David Kahn which I am guessing is either your Dad or brother. Driveshaft comes out this week for balancing and then I can go prop testing again. All that is left after that is to button up the interior, hook up the stereo, and head for Lake Mead. Thanks for letting me borrow the prop.
    travis

InKahntrol
    Awesome Trav, glad to hear the boat is coming together. Sounds like that bronz prop was just too big for your combo.
    My boat has a weird setup, and I'm still dialing it in. The engine made 930hp on the dyno on avgas at 11-pounds of boost, but for the lake I've got it dialed down to 7 pounds and about 700horsepower. I have 29% overdrive in the v-drive.
    The prop I'm running right now is an 11-7/8 x 15 stainless 3-blade, but its a mediocre prop and I think it's a little too big. I have to pull out in second gear if I don't want the engine to bog, and the turbos don't spool up and start making power for about 5-10 seconds after I floor it as it starts building up steam. I need a smaller prop or more HP.
    So, I just bought a steel Stellings 3-blade 11.5 x 15 that might work better. If not, I'll log all the info and send it out and have it reworked. I think if I can free up the prop and the turbos spool up faster I'll probably pick up 10mph or so.
    I keep my boat in LHC, so if you ever go there we should go out. Or maybe meet up at Mohave since its sort of half way.
    Dan

flat broke
    Awesome Trav, glad to hear the boat is coming together. Sounds like that bronz prop was just too big for your combo.
    My boat has a weird setup, and I'm still dialing it in. The engine made 930hp on the dyno on avgas at 11-pounds of boost, but for the lake I've got it dialed down to 7 pounds and about 700horsepower. I have 29% overdrive in the v-drive.
    The prop I'm running right now is an 11-7/8 x 15 stainless 3-blade, but its a mediocre prop and I think it's a little too big. I have to pull out in second gear if I don't want the engine to bog, and the turbos don't spool up and start making power for about 5-10 seconds after I floor it as it starts building up steam. I need a smaller prop or more HP.
    So, I just bought a steel Stellings 3-blade 11.5 x 15 that might work better. If not, I'll log all the info and send it out and have it reworked. I think if I can free up the prop and the turbos spool up faster I'll probably pick up 10mph or so.
    I keep my boat in LHC, so if you ever go there we should go out. Or maybe meet up at Mohave since its sort of half way.
    Dan
    Dan,
    Not to hijack your thread, and I'm by no means a turbo guru, but couldn't you just drill and tap the bypass holes in your turbos, then play with reducers to get them to spool a little quicker?
    Chris

Racey
    Sorry. I just hate big boats. Its all about '21 and '22 V-drives. They have the timeless character that cannot be matched by new trendy cats with flames and skulls and tribal graphics.
    I'm with you 100% on that one, flat bottoms too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast