Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 455 olds

TAPPED OUT
    I dont know what they are worth I have never seen any on ebay. I dont plan on selling them but if they are worth a grand I would!

malcolm
    They're worth enough that guys will pick up E heads and carefully grind off the bottom leg to make Fs. Ds are worth even more (I think the last set of those on eBay went up to $1500). They were the factory heads on the W-30 455s that were in early 70s 442s.

maxwedge
    So what do you think a set of "rare" Ka heads will sell for

malcolm
    Nope, car guys don't want those. Just Ds and Fs. Sorry.

DelawareDave
    So what do you think a set of "rare" Ka heads will sell for
    I'm surprised the K/Ka heads aren't worth as much as the C heads. They have big valves, hardened seats, no emissions bumps to remove, and they actually flow as good as the C heads. There are probably not as many available, or they have been thrashed due to being in a marine environment. And GM sold them as direct replacements for the W30 heads.

nyjetboat
    summit sells the block off pluggs part no edl-2733 for the performer intake these go in the intake side .not in the heads price 10. 69

malcolm
    I'm surprised the K/Ka heads aren't worth as much as the C heads. They have big valves, hardened seats, no emissions bumps to remove, and they actually flow as good as the C heads. There are probably not as many available, or they have been thrashed due to being in a marine environment. And GM sold them as direct replacements for the W30 heads.
    But the KA heads weren't factory on the W-30s. And factory hardened seats don't last past the first valve grind anyway.
    Only reason the Cs got popular was because Modello 'claimed' they were the best flowing head.
    Another myth is the AIR bumps in the exhaust ports. Flow bench testing has proven it actually hurts them to be ground off. :jawdrop:

malcolm
    Here's a rebuilt set of F heads on Ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F-hea...140686QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

malcolm
    Holy crap! Look at that eBay link! Ha-ha!
    $6,798.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Taylorman
    wtf is wrong with him. iron heads for that $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast