Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SuperChiller upgrade

Interceptor454
    I've had great luck without it so far, but found a deal on one locally and picked it up.
    Problem is, currently using a 1/2" pitch set up. STD Deck 502, 6/71, 35 bottom pully, 32 top, makes 7 1/2-8 lbs at 5400. The tensioner attaches to the snout.
    Going to have to change to 8mm set up with the extra length belt.
    2 questions:
    Will the snout tensioner be strong enough with the extra belt length?
    Anyone out there have any spare parts for the project?
    Thanks--Mike

DMOORE
    Not sure on the tensioner question. But I also run a superchiller on a 502. I run 10psi on 91 octane with zero problems. Might be time for a small pulley change.
    Darrell.

Interceptor454
    very well could be! what set up are you running? got pics? just looking for ideas! thanks!

Mike You got a very good deal on that chiller!!!! If you have a belt set up like this it will work fine
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3552belt.JPG
    Give me a call and will go drink a cold one.

superdave013
    what, did my old superchiller change hands again? lol

Interceptor454
    Speed parts have 9 lives!

Interceptor454
    Yeah, mine is basically just like that. I was concerned with the additional belt length and inertia, it may put too much stress on the snout.
    It's been too damn cold lately here in Oklahoma to mess with it much....Just saw a thread on the sand bar with pictures from yesterday, damn Californian's have all the fun. Must absolutely suck to live there!
    Still looking for a belt and pully set up. Thinking I can dial the pressure up a bit with the chiller and ultra low compression (7.6/1):devil:

IMPATIENT 1
    Yeah, mine is basically just like that. I was concerned with the additional belt length and inertia, it may put too much stress on the snout.
    It's been too damn cold lately here in Oklahoma to mess with it much....Just saw a thread on the sand bar with pictures from yesterday, damn Californian's have all the fun. Must absolutely suck to live there!
    Still looking for a belt and pully set up. Thinking I can dial the pressure up a bit with the chiller and ultra low compression (7.6/1):devil:
    lot easier o dodge tornados than quakes, you live in gods country nice weather will be here soon

Interceptor454
    Well, I've sometimes heard it's god's country since nobody else will live here!:jawdrop:
    J/K, love the Okie state, but damn, the weather is all over the place at times!
    Still need pully's and an 8mm belt, anyone out there got it?

pw_Tony
    So what's the advantages of running the superchiller? Can you run more boost on a lower ocatane or does it just make the blower cool down?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast