Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Laid off....

mbrown2
    Countrwide IT is hiring in certain areas...but most jobs would be in the either the Conejo valley area...Agoura, Simi, TO or Westlake....or in TX and AZ.
    Sorry to hear about the layoff.
    What did you do in IT?

catman-do
    I work at BNC. I can see if we have any openings in our IT department. Im sure they are going to be needing a few people as they introduce out Alt-A side.

Tom Slick
    Hahaha...
    Try Ameriquest, New Century, Master Financial, Aegis Funding, Resmae, Fremont... the list grows ever day...
    :EDIT: Sorry - didn't mean to sound mean there. Sorry to hear about the layoff I work for a broker so we're feelin it too...
    Sorry to hear about the layoff...this past week or so has been pretty crazy for sure.
    P.S. ResMae is still alive and kicking!

catman-do
    Sorry to hear about the layoff...this past week or so has been pretty crazy for sure.
    P.S. ResMae is still alive and kicking!
    Did they finally get everything squared away with Credit Suisse? I know there were talks that once Resmae filed bk, Credit Suisse was going to take them over under different terms as to not assume their liabilities and future suits...
    It will be interesting to see the how the boating industry gets hit with all the layoffs to the mtg industry. Not only have people been buying boats out of their equity, but also alot of boat owners are also some way or another tied into mtg/realestate.... I would say about 75% of the people in our company has a boat.

I used to be an Area manager for Countrywide subprime. I saw the subprime market falling out and made the move to an A-paper/ Alt A lender and it has been the best move for me. I have more deals since all the other lenders are shutting the doors. At least the Argent/Ameriquest employees got a severance. I feel bad for the New Century employees who had a nice 401K. Looks like New Century is the new Enron with the accounting they have been doing.

All-Star
    Since you work in the Mortgage industry in the "I.T. Dept"... shouldnt it be a minor jump to work for a credit union??? My friend is in the IT department for a Credit union and they are hiring and she makes bank!!! But it is in LA County

reDECKulous
    What do you do for BNC? Rep?

Jyruiz
    Lol.... Yep, it was Ameriquest.
    It was a huge layoff... From what I know about 50%
    I use to work there, left in 2000. I was talking to Rob about it earlier and all the people we both know in IT there. Take a break, relax a bit and hope you find something that makes you happy.

barbigrl
    I left the title business in December.....THANK GOD!!! So many reps that I worked with got laid off or "let go"
    Just got word today that my old boss at my previous Title Company got let go!! TOTALLY SUCKS!!!!

Sorry to hear the news.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast