Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Powel for Memorial Day

Sundance
    Can anybody give a recomondation for a good RV Park at Powel. Taking the boat up their for the first time. Any feedback and recomondations would be appreciated.

24sleekenforcer
    Check out Lake Powell Resorts & Marinas they have a nice R/V park.
    http://www.lakepowell.com/rv-campgrounds.cfm

a catered life
    wow first launch on such a big lake on a holiday weekend have fun

Mardonzi
    24 Sleek is right,, really nice RV park there now. You can also call exec services about slip rentals so you don't have to pull your boat. 928-645-1000 is the main number. They should be able to connect you . If my memory is right, Exec Services number is 928-645-1037. Ask for Chantel.
    Oh,, and as far as launching goes,, It really isn't that bad as long as Stateline ramp is up and running.

Mrs. 20
    Don't worry about the holiday weekend. We only go there on long busy weekends. We have gone for years. That lake is so huge that within 20 minutes of driving you won't see another boat for the rest of the day. We especially like 4th of July because of the warm water and the weather. I don't think the ramps are a huge deal. BTW, you can rent a slip nightly at the marina. That is our favorite thing to do. Then you aren't having to launch everyday. Have a blast!
    BTW, the whole resort is very nice, including the RV park.

Keith E. Sayre
    I'm assuming that you'll be at the Page end of the lake?
    That's great that there's not a big line up etc at that end,
    because I've seen 4 and 5 hours waits at Bullfrog before
    on those big weekends. I've also seen it snow at Bullfrog
    on Memorial Day! Sure is pretty up there though.
    Keith Sayre

Sundance
    Thanks for all the help and info on Powel. Going up a couple of days early to do some business.
    The only thing I won't miss about going to Havasu this weekend is the channel with all the T & A.
    Catered Life, Don't worry about me going to a " Big Lake" , "it anin't this cowboys first rodeo", even though I live in a third world state, I wans't born here.
    I went to Glen Canyon before there was a lake and you were born. I've been going to the Colorado since before the "Bridge" was built.
    Everybody, Thanks again for all your help. If anybody is heading that direction that weekend we'll be in a Nordic, "Don't Worry, Be Happy"
    Everyone be Safe this Year.

Outnumbered
    Thanks for all the help and info on Powel. Going up a couple of days early to do some business.
    The only thing I won't miss about going to Havasu this weekend is the channel with all the T & A.
    Catered Life, Don't worry about me going to a " Big Lake" , "it anin't this cowboys first rodeo", even though I live in a third world state, I wans't born here.
    I went to Glen Canyon before there was a lake and you were born. I've been going to the Colorado since before the "Bridge" was built.
    Everybody, Thanks again for all your help. If anybody is heading that direction that weekend we'll be in a Nordic, "Don't Worry, Be Happy"
    Everyone be Safe this Year.
    I would go to Halls Crossing since you are in NM. Best part of the lake. I can't remember if they have RV hook-ups though. I've never RV'd there.

Sundance
    Thanks again for all your help!. All set for Memorial Day weekend at Wahweap.
    Looking forward to a great weekend, hope you all have the same.
    Will miss the channel at Havasu, In some ways the scenerie will be better at Powell.

Brian
    I would go to Halls Crossing since you are in NM. Best part of the lake. I can't remember if they have RV hook-ups though. I've never RV'd there.
    I would second this idea. Nice campground overlooking the lake, although too far up the hill to be walking distance from the water. That end of the lake is definitely less crowded than the Page end. Also, having to come back to Wahweap every day would be a major pain in the butt with the channel being the only (and rough) way uplake!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast