Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fountain 38 Lightning, Demo

Dkahnjob
    I went for a demo ride in a Fountain 38 Lightning, the factory (Martin Sanborn), and Joe Malich from PowerBoats NW was in Long Beach today and yesterday giving demo rides in a 38 Lightning with staggered 700hp MerCruisers, and a 35 ICBM with staggered 525's. I rode in the 38 and was very impressed. Really rides good and handles well. We only ran about 75, water was kind of rough, but they said the boat is capable of running 115.
    I know what my next boat is going to be.
    David

ToMorrow44
    Yeah that 38 is fast its been tested at 115 and if I remember right it had #6s not the NXTs. Awesome boat for sure, even with 525s would still be well over 90. Do you go out in the ocean a lot with your fountain? The 38 would be an awesome boat for that.
    -Tom

spectras only
    Dave , Joe has this 39 MTI [ opposite side from the Nortech] for sale . You should try for a demo on that one . It runs 110 plus :idea:
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/06%20PBNW%20run%205
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/IMG_2276.JPG

cam-shaft
    Dave , Joe has this 39 MTI [ opposite side from the Nortech] for sale . You should try for a demo on that one . It runs 110 plus :idea:
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/06%20PBNW%20run%205
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/IMG_2276.JPG
    Does that guy have his shoes on while standing on the top deck? I wonder what the top deck and the rest of the boat looks like?

spectras only
    Does that guy have his shoes on while standing on the top deck? I wonder what the top deck and the rest of the boat looks like?
    Ask Joe

Dkahnjob
    I love my Fountain, yes I have been using it in the ocean. I had Pacific Trailers build an aluminum trailer for it, works great, and won't rust. I will bring it up to Havasu this summer, but right now the water level is so low that there isn't even a launch ramp that I could get in on. My 35 handles rough water really well, but that 38 with staggered engines was even better.
    Dave

dicudmore
    I love my Fountain, yes I have been using it in the ocean. I had Pacific Trailers build an aluminum trailer for it, works great, and won't rust. I will bring it up to Havasu this summer, but right now the water level is so low that there isn't even a launch ramp that I could get in on. My 35 handles rough water really well, but that 38 with staggered engines was even better.
    Dave
    Dave you can launch at Windsor NO PROBLEM right now...I launch my 30' every weekend and we have had the 36' out the last few weekends as well. 40' Skater put in last weekend at Windsor as well

dicudmore
    Dave call my "desk phone" when you have a chance 702-250-6304 I have some mail at my Havi house that was supposed to go to you...AZ reg is one, prob on your old 32 and something else came last weekend...

Dkahnjob
    Hi Dan,
    Have they finished my front yard yet? Is the street paved yet? I will call you tomorrow.
    Thanks,
    Dave

dicudmore
    Hi Dan,
    Have they finished my front yard yet? Is the street paved yet? I will call you tomorrow.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    the yard and the street looked pretty ok this weekend--just missing a Fountain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast