Jak,
Has this ever happen to your team?
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-...9/149Bowl1.jpg
What are the over all fixs for this
Willis
Not the bowl ... blew the side out of the old Berkeley suction piece couple of years ago. I was trying an 'Odd' (to say the least) shape in the intake entry area and that combined with the loader caused a severe hammering effect that blew out the side of the Berkeley piece ... turns out there also was a significant core shift in the casting in the area that gave out ... that, my experimentation and the fact that the suction piece was over 25 years old and had been run hard (suspect metal fatique) are what led to the failure.
The way we corrected our problem was to change to a Dominator suction piece (thicker, higher quality casing with side reinforcement), redo the intake area and redesign the loader(s) to compliment the shape of the redone intake area ... Trite to say in hindsight, but, I've found that matching the loader and intake entry area is one of the key elements to keeping the pump fully loaded throughout the 1/4 ... and, sometimes your adjusting each of those things less than a few tenths of an inch at a time to get the 'Sweet' Set Up.
Jak