Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 80 Hallett 21'

bp
    Currently there are 3 23’ for sale. Personally, no offence to the owners, but I wouldn’t buy anyone of them.
    1977 Hallett 23' Jet (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/5/90325655.htm) A tad high on the price for a jet.
    i bought this boat 6 weeks ago, and yes it was a tad high for several reasons, so he did come down on the price. but the boat satisfied what i was after - big, bbc/berk jg, and a project. i've done several things to satisfy myself with respect to reliability, and since we've been out with it 8 times, so far we are happy with it.
    The differences between the 20’ and the 23’ are very different yet very minimal at the same time. Obviously there is a 3’ difference; however interior room in the cockpit is about the same. Yes the 23 is a bit bigger, but not my as much as you’d think ??? the 23 is huge compared to a 20. it -looks- like a 21, but deck is way longer and it has a lot more storage.
    The 20 is good in any configuration Jet, V, Drive, or Stern Drive..
    The 23 sucks as a jet, no pun intended, Hallett designed it with stern drive power in mind, or at least that’s what I was told. . that's your opinion. so far, we're pleased with it, although i have several more things on the to-do list.
    The Jet driven 23’s porpoise in all water conditions, to correct this the engines need to have high horse power in addition to, extended pump ride plates, nozzle trim systems (Place Diverters or Jet-O-Vators), and in some cases Droop Snoots.
    that's your opinion too, and not accurate to what i've found. but i've been in 20 and 21 jet driven halletts that also porpoised until things were done to address the porpoise. this boat porpoises at 30, but stops at 33. at 40, it just cruises. i know what to do about it, and will address it this winter.
    The 23’ in Stern Drive or V-drive configuration provides the necessary drag, which the jet doesn’t provide, eliminating a great deal of the proposing (all boats porpoise a little). .
    it has more to do with thrust point than drag.

BrotherWolf
    Actually OURs could be related! except mine is a vdrive... and the bow rail was removed... i bought from og owners family.
    Nice boat!!
    I would love to have my tahiti's interior done that way.
    how much did that set ya back???

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567