Thread: GM 8.1 Liter Intake

desertbird
    Photoglou hooked me up with a sweet HD and I decided to go with the 496 mag.....er 8.1L Vortec over the diesel, my boat just isn't that big.
    Now, its 2007 and K&N still don't have CARB approval on their intake kit for the 06? I've called and emailed and gotten some lame-ass excuse about it taking a long time for approval, but it's 2007 and I can't put someting on my '06 yet?
    Who makes a nice intake and air cleaner for the 8.1? I figured I ask the question here before I spend half my day wasted on the internet at work!! (unlike when I'm on HB lol) :jawdrop:

Snoseal
    Here is my '05 3500 w/ the 8.1. I have the Volant intake.
    http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/02491994.jpg

BowTie Rick
    Takes about a year and a half to get CARB approval. Just buy the 63-Series. Once it gets approved (57- Series), check web site from time to time, request a CARB decal from K&N. Blame the rats in Sacramento, it used to be a smooth proccess.

El Chingon
    Here is my '05 3500 w/ the 8.1. I have the Volant intake.
    I got a '04 2500HD w/ the 8.1L. I too am running the Volant intake...no complaints yet.

afe1
    Photoglou hooked me up with a sweet HD and I decided to go with the 496 mag.....er 8.1L Vortec over the diesel, my boat just isn't that big.
    Now, its 2007 and K&N still don't have CARB approval on their intake kit for the 06? I've called and emailed and gotten some lame-ass excuse about it taking a long time for approval, but it's 2007 and I can't put someting on my '06 yet?
    Who makes a nice intake and air cleaner for the 8.1? I figured I ask the question here before I spend half my day wasted on the internet at work!! (unlike when I'm on HB lol) :jawdrop:
    aFe www.afefilters.com has an intake PN 54-10091 for an oil type filter or PN 51-10091 for the new Pro Dry S or synthic filters. CARB approval in "Pending" which means they will be approved in approx 18 months. It take that long. aFe filters feature deeper pleats for more airflow that other brands plus on your application, a three angle adapter that steps up and accelerats the air flow. aFe also makes the filters for Volant.

afe1
    aFe www.afefilters.com has an intake PN 54-10091 for an oil type filter or PN 51-10091 for the new Pro Dry S or synthic filters. CARB approval in "Pending" which means they will be approved in approx 18 months. It take that long. aFe filters feature deeper pleats for more airflow that other brands plus on your application, a three angle adapter that steps up and accelerats the air flow. aFe also makes the filters for Volant.
    Takes about a year and a half to get CARB approval. Just buy the 63-Series. Once it gets approved (57- Series), check web site from time to time, request a CARB decal from K&N. Blame the rats in Sacramento, it used to be a smooth proccess.
    Hello Bow Tie.
    Do you have a shop that sells intakes and exhaust?