Thread: Monterey 214fs

Anybody know much about these boats. A guy i know needs to get ride of his, it's a 05 Monterey 214 FS has the swim step thingy addon and also the tower addon. THe boat has about 11 hours on it and i may be able to get this thing for about 20 to 25K. What is this boat worth and are there any known issues or problems with them? I cant really find much info on them. I'm not really into these types of boats but i'm thinking about grabbing it just to have a boat that can fit a few people and do some towing and stuff...

busybee2498
    I own a 2006 248LS Monterey which is 24 feet with a swim platform. I did a lot of research and these boats hold there value and are pretty good boats. Only ten hours for 20,000 sounds pretty good. I did a quick search and the 2007 Monterey 214 FS' with a Volvo 5.0 GXI was $35,194 New.... I don't now what option you have but it does sound like it's worth it. The Ski towers alone are about 2 or 3 thousand. If you don't have a boat now I would jump on it. I hope this helps & Good Luck
    I did not see your boat here But they tested some other Monterey and have video clips.
    http://www.boattest.com/boats/Monter...ch_result.aspx
    http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...8/IMG_4416.jpg
    Anybody know much about these boats. A guy i know needs to get ride of his, it's a 05 Monterey 214 FS has the swim step thingy addon and also the tower addon. THe boat has about 11 hours on it and i may be able to get this thing for about 20 to 25K. What is this boat worth and are there any known issues or problems with them? I cant really find much info on them. I'm not really into these types of boats but i'm thinking about grabbing it just to have a boat that can fit a few people and do some towing and stuff...

Grinnin'B
    Hi there....did some looking nada wholesale(trade) without any options is 16620 low retail is 19950.
    Soo if its clean and you can snag it for 20 with trailer DO IT.
    Have fun and dont look back....you will always be a ble to get out without getting hurt on depreciation (unless you thrash your gear of course!!!)
    Happy Boating
    B

Grinnin'B
    ps for durablitiy the Volvo is a good thing.
    B