I am planning a sea trail on my new boat on Tuesday April 3rd. We are heading out of San Pedro and going up to Long Beach for lunch. We should be leaving San Pedro around noon and getting to Long Beach around 1 (from what I understand we have 35 minutes of no wake at SP).
My question is... My wife is 7 months pregnant and doesn't do too well with the whole sea sick thing on big rollers. I know it is only a 11-12 mile ride, but around noon on the average day, are the seas calm? Then heading back about 2-2:30, are the seas calm?
Thanks
I think you guys should be fine - If I am thinking correctly, the trip to San Pedro to LB is all inside the breakwater, so even if the wind picks up it shouldn't be too bad. The wind can pick up in the afternoons and you may have some rough water even inside the breakwater, but on a big boat it shouldn't be too rough.
Try to keep your wife in fresh air - that helpds to avoid seasickness. Also, don't site there drifting in the boat for too long - That will get you sick.
If you are in town on 3/31 - check out the SCOPE kickoff party in Huntington Beach.
DKAHNJOB, you should checkout SCOPE if you haven't already