Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Canopies - Have them? Want them? Get them again?

Kilrtoy
    OK first off, NOT ALL CANOPIES ARE THE SAME
    EASTCOAST, for the most part use real F-16 canopies and they are crystal clear
    ok WESTCOAST, only two companies have great ones,
    DCB and COBRA, the rest of the west coast is complete CRAP.
    So with that said, I love mine, could not picture not having them,
    But I am rinning some serious speeds north of 70MPH

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    I have a love hate relationship with mine!

John.
    They make a HUGE difference. Plus I have had some pretty decent size bugs hit it that probably would have left a mark on my face. I would get some. Mine are small and I can't believe the difference it makes.
    http://www.eticketboats.com/Luxury_C...deflectors.jpg
    oh, I definitely want them, I will just have to find someone who can install them and do some interior work for me as well to make them fit...plus squeeze out $1600 for just the parts (plus labor).

jrgaudettes
    Sorry to Hijack. But anyone know what the # is to (Finies) in Havasu? I was told they were the ones who make the fold down wind screens that you see on Magic's. I want to go that route as they are alot cheaper then the Dana's.

acatitude
    nope. I wear goggles so I can see because the high speeds make my eyes water when we're going fast. Dana Marine makes some pop up wind screens for Ultra boats that look really cool, but I don't have a way to install them. I'm afraid of cutting into the gel and then I think I'd have to have some of my interior rebuilt to form around the wind screen mechanism and I don't have a way to do that either. Would be really cool to have though.
    Goggles, I thought you just ducked your head down behind Jory .
    But like they say once youve had canopies you wont go back. sure wish the grocery getter had them for those high speed 73 mph runs. seriously after riding in a couple boats with the canopies, they are great but Like kilr said , some seem distorted. now why someone would build a 200k plus boat and go cheap on the canopies is beyond me.
    The deflecters help but some will just fall over after about 80 so be sure of which kind your getting.

acatitude
    NORTH????? you do live in an upside down world. slow down for that stop sign will yaa

mbrown2
    Love the windbreak, hate the distortion, specifically when it comes to peripheral vision.....would rather have a wrap around windscreen.

DCBDaytona
    First off....No company uses REAL F-16 canopies, LOL. If they did, you could add MUCHO DINERO to the price of the boat. They cost about as much as an F-26 like yours.
    IMO even the DCB canopies are horrible. Too many vision problems and the distortion makes it hard to read the water. And I agree with what someboady said above...You kinda lose your sense of speed and get too comfortable running at high speed.

shippingguy
    I think boats with canopies look really nice and I think boats without them do too.
    I have been in one with canopies(DCB) and it was nice, but personally I did not like the distortion on the sides and I do like some sort of breeze in my face. I also second what Dan said earlier regarding the speed thing too. That was the first time I was in one so I am sure with some more seat time you/I would get used to it. I do not think you can go wrong either way.
    I definitely think that having some sort of wind deflector is a must. I never had any on my other boats till this new one and they make a huge difference.
    I have the very first set of the new Dana Power Windshields and they are awesome I can run at speed with a hat on with them up as well and till get a nice breeze. The nice part about them is that if the passenger does not want one up they can put it down or vica versa. Being able to put them down automatically and tuck them away so you cannot even see them is great too.
    Just my .02

blender over
    Sorry to Hijack. But anyone know what the # is to (Finies) in Havasu? I was told they were the ones who make the fold down wind screens that you see on Magic's. I want to go that route as they are alot cheaper then the Dana's.
    Dont know the # but i have a pair of their windscreens and they work awesome!!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast