Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Stereo shops in Havasu

caroftheweek
    do the install yourself and save lots of $$$
    I put a decent sounding stereo in my boat a few years back and really there is nothing to it.
    The problem for us is that our river house is at Havasu Palms on the CA side. if any of you know, the road to get in there is 10 miles of rough dirt road through canyons and washes. for us to get to the city just towing the trailer is atleast a 2 hour ride. that is if we pick the boat up at windsor. if we had to tow the boat it would probably take another hour.
    So for us it is worth it to get everything done before we take it to the Palms. not to mention that it would make no sense to tow it all the home when we are purchasing it in Havasu.
    i am all for saving money but time is valuable these days.
    some people ask why put up with "the road"? this is why:
    http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ofIMG_0090.jpg
    http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ofIMG_0382.jpg

Todd969
    The problem for us is that our river house is at Havasu Palms on the CA side. if any of you know, the road to get in there is 10 miles of rough dirt road through canyons and washes. for us to get to the city just towing the trailer is atleast a 2 hour ride. that is if we pick the boat up at windsor. if we had to tow the boat it would probably take another hour.
    So for us it is worth it to get everything done before we take it to the Palms. not to mention that it would make no sense to tow it all the home when we are purchasing it in Havasu.
    i am all for saving money but time is valuable these days.
    some people ask why put up with "the road"? this is why:
    Ryan, just call Frank 928-680-0203 and give him an idea. I would bet 4 nice speakers and a couple subs will be right in your ballpark. Also, in the event it needs to be looked at, they are just across the lake.
    When I had our toon done I couldn't figure out a couple things and Frank came down to the channel on a Saturday to take a look. I honestly don't think you could go wrong using Car Toyz.
    Todd

caroftheweek
    Ryan, just call Frank 928-680-0203 and give him an idea. I would bet 4 nice speakers and a couple subs will be right in your ballpark. Also, in the event it needs to be looked at, they are just across the lake.
    When I had our toon done I couldn't figure out a couple things and Frank came down to the channel on a Saturday to take a look. I honestly don't think you could go wrong using Car Toyz.
    Todd
    planning on it. Thanks Todd.

riverbound
    Way to pump up business for our fellow ***boater and local economy Mike
    Now the key word is you installed a "Decent sounding" stereo in your boat,
    without any type of warranty and DIY install.Not worth the time or money to most that want a quality install to do it themselves,I know my time is worth more to me and i could never match the quality of a reputable shop.

Ditto.

mbrown2
    One thing I learned in the years I did audio is. nobody is perfect 100% of the time, its what you do when stuff goes wrong that makes or breaks a company.
    Bingo, like most industries...
    I always had my stereo's done locally, and in Havi in the past used Ron's Custom Detail for small items, never had a bad experience with them either (I always support Ron). However, I tried Car Toyz last year with the Schiada as I heard a lot of good things about them and Frank seemed to know his stuff on the boards...
    I was impressed from pickup, install and further work they have done. Even recently had them dissemble a portion of the Malibu system to have some troubleshooting and service done to the boat...they went above and beyond again on short notice, from pick to delivery to Absolute to pick back up to cleaning and reassembly...
    They have been great and they will probably do the jeep next and the next boat I get.....I just like the idea of being able to get a super deal on equipment from Frank, reasonable installation costs, and a warranty where they will meet you at the water if you have issues.....done deal for me!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567