I got married over the weekend! and my gracious wife has said it was ok to use half of our wedding money on the Tahiti
So my questions being, at what point do you say the boat is a restoration, to hell with it, I want it to look cool, and go real fast? Example, originally the boat had metal flake uphoulstery with tuck 'n roll. Now it has red marine vynal just flat, the engine is all original looking from the outside, and so will be the paint job. I was carefull to make sure the stereo was hidden under the decking, so as to keep that original look.
So now the gauge question, I have decided to use some of the money on a gauge set. At the moment I have Teleflex Marine, Auto Meter, Stewart Werner, and Sun Pro gauges in the boat! I am sure the SWs were the O.E. cause the boat had more of those (not working) than the others.
At the moment my boat has a very old Teleflex speedo. This POS is the main reason I want new gauges, never reads faster than 35. And in the no wake zone it claims I am going 20 at idle! So I know it is effed up. I know the best out there is GPS speedos, but wow those things are pricey! This boat will never see anything more than the mildly built 455 thats in it, so any thing past 60 I seriously doubt. So do I go old school and use all SW marine gauges, go affordable with Beede, or go for flash (and personal favorite)and dead nuts accuracy with Auto Meter?
Thank you all for your help
TT