Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.5 TO 1.6 ROCKER ARMS

HP350SC
    Bobby MC,just curious what prop you're running? Also,do you do much skiing? I was going to say not to worry about bottom end too much,unless your boat is difficult to plane.Contrary to everything I have been told,I have had excellent performance from the merc. stainless high-five prop. I have tried the 3 blade laser and mirage props,and the 5- blade KILLS them off the line and midrange and is within 1 mph top speed.In my application('92 20' open bow v-hull),it may be because the diameter is smaller allowing more trim. Another benefit is the smoothness.At any rate,get a stainless prop first if you don't already have one.And don't listen to the bullshit about tearing up your outdrive if you hit something.----SHORTEST DICK BUYS THE BEER!

BOBBY MC
    Thanks for the advice guy's Ill probably go ahead and toss on a set of 1.6's itl only take a hour or so and along with the new thru-hull exaust and K/N filter maybe it'l be at least one of the better running stock small blocks. Next Christmas Im going to ask Santa for a 383 small-block. Just incase I dont make the "NICE" list Im going to start collecting parts this summer. Probably be needing more advice.(like whats this about putting a type of "cement" in the water jackit's in a small block up to the freeze plugs) this is a new one on me but seems like a good idea if you've got to grind the lower block for rod clearance on a fresh water cooled motor. BUT any way I could talk,( type ) fow hours here.Be reading ya, MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12