Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone buy a boat without water testing it?

kingbrutis
    Just wonering if anyone has bought a boat without testing it on the water first? I would assume some people have had to, buying it across the country or such. Later Joe

phebus
    Bought my last boat used without water testing it. I had ridden in the same model with the same power several times, so I was familiar with the boat. Went and looked at this one, and it was less then a year old, very clean, and had an extended factory warranty. The deal was right, I figured I couldn't go wrong, and bought it. It was a great boat.

Big Block
    Got mine like that. I'm in Cali, and the seller was in Oklahoma. To make it sound even worse we met halfway(somewhere in New Mexico) at a gas station right off the highway around 11pm. Fired it up, swapped notes, and off we went. This deal was only for a $20K boat, and we spent plenty of time on the phone. I was pretty sure of what I was getting into before I even left my driveway. HTH...

Mandelon
    I bought mine that way, from someone here on the boards. Met half way, and towed it home.

kingbrutis
    That does sound crazy. Glad you got a good one. I did Fly out from MD to New Mexico to buy a Hummer and drive it home. It was a pretty scarry trip home. Nothing bad happend. I did stop in St. Louis after driving straight. Stopped to get gas and asked the lady behind the counter, What time zone are we in? She asked are you serious? Supprised she didnt call the cops. All was well. Later JoeGot mine like that. I'm in Cali, and the seller was in Oklahoma. To make it sound even worse we met halfway(somewhere in New Mexico) at a gas station right off the highway around 11pm. Fired it up, swapped notes, and off we went. This deal was only for a $20K boat, and we spent plenty of time on the phone. I was pretty sure of what I was getting into before I even left my driveway. HTH...

centerhill condor
    my dear old daddy test rode the condor....somebody had to! just don't do it.

Riverat84
    i did...nothing went wrong because i had a good buddy check it out...! olrigger from here on the boards...
    Reid

Wild Horses
    Drove from Utah to Illinois to pick up my last Advantage, never even fired it up or heard it run!!! It's hard to bullshit a bullshitter and he had the receipts for the custom motor and knew about motors. Worked out great for me.
    Clint

ovrkll77
    I purchased mine with out even starting it, brought it home took the motor apart to check it, then went out and had fun

Phat Daddy
    My first two boats I bought without testing. My first boat I met the owner through a mutual friend who knew about the boat (plus I was so excited to own my first boat at 22yrs. old ) and gave me all the details.
    The second boat was similar to the first boat just a bit bigger and with more power. I pretty much knew what it was going to be like and just went for it.
    Both turned out great and I still have the second boat... 7 years later.
    Third and fourth boats were both tested first.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast