Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: big rimz small tires/small rimz big tires theory?

XtrmWakeborder
    " Lug nuts tend to break after time from the added leverage against them"
    I'm not picking on you or your comment, (well maybe just a little bit), but I've beat the hell out of quite a few cars back in the day and I never broke a lug nut due to over leveraged stress. Lots of other stuff but never a lug nut. My .02
    My pops broke the studs on the right rear of his le mans from doing a burn out.. maybe he meant the studs.

Beer-30
    " Lug nuts tend to break after time from the added leverage against them"
    I'm not picking on you or your comment, (well maybe just a little bit), but I've beat the hell out of quite a few cars back in the day and I never broke a lug nut due to over leveraged stress. Lots of other stuff but never a lug nut. My .02
    Under "normal" circumstance, probably not. I am just trying to explain the fact of - if pushed hard enough, a part will break. You take a 44" super swamper and run it over some curbs at speed with standard lugs and something will give. If the studs aren't the weakest link, maybe something else.
    Stock lugs were tested with the factory tire diameter pushing and pulling on them. The longer the leverage, the more it wants to snap them. Maybe it will happen on a given combo, maybe it won't. The fact remains that the leverage and pressure are still there.

707dog
    the front bearings was another of my concern but i will be getting those changed in about a week or so just to cover my azz!!...probably going to do some cross drilled and vented rotors in due time, ill still beat on my stock ones until then. i just got a new trans last week and before going in, got it the shifting beefed up a lil did the corvette servo and HD style valve body and some other speical junk my bestfriend is a trans man at the local dealership so he hooked it up..it shifts nice with the big wheels and boat on the back no lag time between any shifts...but as someone stated earlier nothing is free which i know in time there be hell to pay for my playing hard habits...

Xlration Marine
    Big wheel, low pro tire. One good chuck hole or a curb, and you will be buying a new wheel. Big wheel low pro tire, no side wall, crappy ride. Own a Porsche and you will see what I'm talking about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12