Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Fever...

Stab-n-Steer
    Originally posted by hottrodder:
    S-n-S: My two earliest tapes, 64-65 Parker 9 Hour and 65-66 Salton Sea 500 are on the way.
    HR,
    Like I said, you are the man. Thank you! I made some copies of the Patterson video and one's got your name on it. When I return your SS 500 tapes I'll send that along. It's pretty cool...
    Randy

Sangerboy
    Superdave, I'm going to the races at Parker this weekend so I'll check out those 7/8" propshafts. pgf- I also wondered how the prop "saw" the water behind that strut. I'm going to look at the pictures again to see if the trailing edge of the web was tapered. In my earlier post I mentioned how my father passed this "fever" on to me, he was stricken with the Belmont strain. I guess I contracted some of that variant also as I'm restoring a 1965 Belmont for a friend of mine who lives in Sonora. Then waiting in line is my dad's 1960 Belmont, originally powered by a centrifugal McCulloch supercharged 430 Lincoln. Talk about a torque monster. My holy grail would be to find the allison powered Belmont Purple People Eater that drag raced in the early 60's.

superdave013
    Sangerboy, I'll be out there too. We need to figure out a way to find each other.

Stab-n-Steer
    Sangerboy,
    Wow, the Purple People Eater. Man does that boat bring back memories! I remember that boat well. I wonder if anyone out there has any old pictures or articles of PPE? Two years ago in Long Beach I saw the Hot Rod Magazine sponsered Rayson Craft that was Allison powered. Someone had found the boat and restored it like it was in the 60's. It was beautiful... They just don't build crazy boats like that anymore.
    Randy

hottrodder
    SD013, Sangerboy: I'll be in Blythe Friday and I'm gonna try and make it to Parker for at least a few hours on Saturady. Maybe this time I'll wear a name tag and look for you guys around LeE ss13's pits. I'll probably have my 3 year old boy with me.

superdave013
    LeEss13 can't make it! I think I will wear my v-drive regatta t shirt on saturday so maybe you can find me that way.

boatguy222
    Dave
    My Dad is going at least on Saturday (He winters in Havasu) I you see a red s-10 pu with Oregon plates, thats him, He will be the only 65 year old guy with a Schiada Racing t-shirt on. His name is Larry
    If any of the Bergrons he may be hanging around them, He and Phil have known each other for a very long time.
    Have a good time
    Marc

Sangerboy
    Superdave, S&S, and Hottrodder- I'm planning on being there all weekend I want to watch the kilos on Friday morning. I'll be wearing either my Ken's Automotive T-shirt or one of my Ratfink shirts. I drive a white F-350 duallie with a shell. It might have my beat up old Sanger bubbledeck behind it as I've got a new prop to test. Look for me.
    Greg

Stab-n-Steer
    Old Rig,
    I have copied the Patterson tape if you would like to see it. e-mail me your address and I will mail it to you.
    rkirkham@home.com
    Randy

Stabber,
    I e-mailed the info. Thank you. Can't wait to see the tape...............

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456