Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How's this for a new Sheriff's Boat?

DeltaSigBoater
    Just picked it up today. Still have to put graphics (Dennis, check your PMs), radio and lights on it.
    Crest Tri-Toon (http://www.boatcop.com/pontoon1.jpg)
    150 Verado (http://www.boatcop.com/pontoon4.jpg)
    I'm picking up the new Whalers in Vegas on Tuesday.
    This is like Christmas in April.
    Only a 150 Verado on a 27' toon, I take it the new Whalers are for chasing down those who try and out run the pontoon

Boatcop
    I take it this is the one you were telling me about?
    will it be around in the AM? I have to go put in for a permit and check on the Riverside job
    I'll be in my office around 8:00. Stop by.

Jbb
    Where will the RD SUX tag reside on this vessel Alan?

Boatcop
    Only a 150 Verado on a 27' toon, I take it the new Whalers are for chasing down those who try and out run the pontoon
    I originally wanted the 225 on it, but the upper deck raises the CG, and they wouldn't certify it for more than 150hp.
    We know it's not going to be a chase boat. It's primary purpose is for an OUI operations platform in areas where we don't have ready access to an Intoxilizer. (It'll have one installed on it) We plan to use it on the South Basin of Havasu, the Lower River (Ehrenberg/Cibola). The patrol boats will do the actual enforcement, and bring them to the 'toon for processing. We'll make it available for multi-agency OUI checkpoints in other areas. (Mead/Mohave/Havasu. etc)
    We'll also use it for outreach programs. We plan to adorn it with banners, and anchor it in high-use areas, such as over in the calm spot just below Rock Island, and have a lot of give-away stuff. PFDs, floating key chains, other Boating Safety related items. Basically a floating Boating Safety Information Center.
    It'll also be used for Dive/Rescue operations. We're putting our SONAR, underwater video, metal detector, etc on it, and space for extra tanks. That's the main reason I wanted the upper deck. To observe the divers, and get a high-up vantage point while looking for victims. I'm installing a 110VAC generator to support that equipment, resuce lights, etc.
    I'm pretty excited about this thing, and can't wait to get it on the water.

rrrr
    Looks like a stripper pole would be a good addition......

squirt'nmyload
    I originally wanted the 225 on it, but the upper deck raises the CG, and they wouldn't certify it for more than 150hp.
    We know it's not going to be a chase boat. It's primary purpose is for an OUI operations platform in areas where we don't have ready access to an Intoxilizer. (It'll have one installed on it) We plan to use it on the South Basin of Havasu, the Lower River (Ehrenberg/Cibola). The patrol boats will do the actual enforcement, and bring them to the 'toon for processing. We'll make it available for multi-agency OUI checkpoints in other areas. (Mead/Mohave/Havasu. etc)
    We'll also use it for outreach programs. We plan to adorn it with banners, and anchor it in high-use areas, such as over in the calm spot just below Rock Island, and have a lot of give-away stuff. PFDs, floating key chains, other Boating Safety related items. Basically a floating Boating Safety Information Center.
    It'll also be used for Dive/Rescue operations. We're putting our SONAR, underwater video, metal detector, etc on it, and space for extra tanks. That's the main reason I wanted the upper deck. To observe the divers, and get a high-up vantage point while looking for victims. I'm installing a 110VAC generator to support that equipment, resuce lights, etc.
    I'm pretty excited about this thing, and can't wait to get it on the water.
    it sounds like a pretty exciting project!!!!!!

Pheelin Phroggy
    I 2nd the stripper pole, hell I would hang out with you all day to help judge which girls were good enough to let go! nice new toy!

Baja Big Dog
    Looks like some city has too much money!!!!

Phat Matt
    Looks like a stripper pole would be a good addition......
    That and a 4 person beer bong!

Boatcop
    Looks like some city has too much money!!!!
    No frickin' way. We're broke as hell.
    But as long as everyone keeps buying boat gas and registering their boats in Arizona, the State Grant money for boating and Lake projects will keep flowing.
    And for all of you who DO fuel your boats and register them here, I thank you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast