Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Unions. What's your take?

WetWillie
    A UNION job or a SCAB job.
    Is that what we call a non union job? SCAB's??: jawdrop:

XtrmWakeborder
    [QUOTE=XtrmWakeborder;2486086]My pops told me a story of when he was in the IBEW. I guess he was working on building panels and the welder in front of him went on his union break. Well my dad wanted to go out that night and was about to start working overtime so he figured he might as well weld the panel and wire it up so he could save the company some money, help the welder out with his work, and get out to go on time. When he came back to work after the weekend he was called into the office and charged will stealing a brothers job and suspended from work without pay. He quit the union and has had the same job for over 25 years now. As has been said before unions HAD their place a long time ago.
    Your dad missed out on ALOT more $ and retirement working for a non-union company.
    Haha I doubt that, he has a pretty damn cush job for good money, and will never get fired because he knows the ins and outs. It was deffinately for the better.

Troy McClure
    [QUOTE=Havasu1986;2486096 Ask the inspectors in So.Cal. what jobs they would rather inspect. A UNION job or a SCAB job.[/QUOTE]
    Neither. A job run by a respectable Contractor is what they would prefer to inspect. Unions have NOTHING to do with quality. AGAIN, quit listening to your Rep.

RT21
    Looks to me like quite a few people posting hate for unions probably got snubbed or was not allowed to join one in the past. IMHO

Troy McClure
    Looks to me like quite a few people posting hate for unions probably got snubbed or was not allowed to join one in the past. IMHO
    That's funny.
    Never needed a crutch here.

WetWillie
    Do they turn anyone away??? :idea:

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    Re-read my post, I said almost every State either DOES or WOULD offer incentives. Exchange rates are moot.
    And i say every state doesnt, it doesnt really matter what they would do. In california, where are governor has made is fortune in entertainment, there are no tax incentives to keep filming local. I think there are only 3 states that offer tax incentives at the state level. States dont "would" they either do or they dont, and most dont. How are exchange rates moot? Take a 1000 dollars to south america and see how much its worth, then fly over to london and see what you got.

Baja Big Dog
    I dont want to be the hot boat union rep! All im sayin is if you dont like unions, chances are your in mngmt, or an owner. If your a p.o.s in my field, you wont work, period. I agree there are alot of place unions just dont belong. But for the most part in the blue collar jobs, they increase the wages, provide health benefits, and provide a safe work place. Did i mention they protect us from greedy as millionair owners who would replace us in second for an 8 dollar in hour un qualified lazy pos if they could. Ill take the highly trained, safe working, union employee. To each there own. See you out on the water.
    Millionaire owners......look at the money spent on union management, and amount of work they provide you the union worker....
    8 dollar POS, wow...hard to imagine how the trained mind of the typical union guy would judge someone by how much money they are willing to work for.
    Ive got scab mechanics that very few union guys could even wash the shit stains out of their shorts!!!
    Thats why I love unions, they provide me with work.
    Today was a good one..union worker....washed two work trucks, spent 8.5 hours, trucks looked like shit, boss was pissed both because of the production of the union superman, and the fact he couldn't say a thing to him about his performance.
    I spend alot of time talking my "SCAB's" out of working for the unions, because they say they want to retire at 30!!!

Havasu1986
    Is that what we call a non union job? SCAB's??: jawdrop:
    That is what the construction industry calls them. I just finished a job in Costa Mesa called the O.C. Perfoming Arts Center with the Fluor Co. The $ was funded partly by Henry Segerstrom. The guy that ownes the South Coast Plaza and plenty of land. This was from the start to be a all UNION job to make sure the quality and work would be done at the highest level. If he was building a Walmart I'm sure he would have went the SCAP route.

Troy McClure
    And i say every state doesnt, it doesnt really matter what they would do. In california, where are governor has made is fortune in entertainment, there are no tax incentives to keep filming local. I think there are only 3 states that offer tax incentives at the state level. States dont "would" they either do or they dont, and most dont. How are exchange rates moot? Take a 1000 dollars to south america and see how much its worth, then fly over to london and see what you got.
    You're absolutely right, I can't argue with that logic. Or spelling.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast