Thread: New to area VA

jetboater460
    Hello all, We are totally new to the VA area. have been looking at all the Anna pics and videos. Can't wait to get out with the boat and play again.
    Does anyone know of any good machine shops in the NOVA region? Any help would be great. Thanks in Advance. Kendall

fat rat
    Welcome...........there are quite a few shops in the area, what type of work you looking to get done?

jetboater460
    I need my bare block machined; bored/honed, line honed, etc. I am planning to build up a 514 for this season. Need reputable shop to do the work on the 460. I checked with C&C in Manassas, but they had a 2 month wait!! Just wanted to see what else was out there that was good and maybe a little quicker. I don't mind driving if the shop is worth it!!

supersoaker509
    Welcome...... Give Bill a call at Advanced Machine 301-843-5700
    He is very familiar with marine eng.

moparjet
    george cox at performance machine is on e of the best...he is in springfield..by the way welcome...we need to meet up some time on the water...where do you live?

LynnsJet
    Be sure to plan your boating vacation for Lake Anna VA in June. It's the biggest Hot Boat deal on the east coast.

jetboater460
    http://jokeonlineworld.com/lol.html
    Be sure to plan your boating vacation for Lake Anna VA in June. It's the biggest Hot Boat deal on the east coast.
    God willing I get this motor built and everything put together. This boat hasn't been on the water in 6-7 years. Total redo!! I guess either way, I will try to be there!! Thanks for the info..

drejustice
    http://jokeonlineworld. com/lol.html
    God willing I get this motor built and everything put together. This boat hasn't been on the water in 6-7 years. Total redo!! I guess either way, I will try to be there!! Thanks for the info..
    Well Just don't put up anymore links to pages with auto downloading trojan viruses. Your link above set off 2 of my anti-virus blockers automatically.
    That page trys to auto load trojan.mespam
    Trojan.Mespam is a Trojan horse that installs itself as a layered service provider (LSP) and sends instant messages containing malicious URLs.

jetboater460
    Well Just don't put up anymore links to pages with auto downloading trojan viruses. Your link above set off 2 of my anti-virus blockers automatically.
    That page trys to auto load trojan.mespam
    Trojan.Mespam is a Trojan horse that installs itself as a layered service provider (LSP) and sends instant messages containing malicious URLs.
    Honestly, I don't know where that came from. I am new to this whole posting on forum environments, so I understand the concerns. I usually am just a watcher, looking for info not asking for it.
    Sorry to any and all who may have been affected. If need be, should we close this page and start a new one??